Chapter 7

I was just starting to fall asleep when I heard my mum call my name. I started walking down the stairs when I realised she had the door open.

"It's Hayes" she smiled and winked at me.

"Tell him to piss off" I groaned and started to turn around.

"LANGUAGE GRACE! Come here and see him"

"No thanks"

She glared at me. I sighed.

"Fine" I shook my head as I walked to the door; I put the door on the latch, walked out and closed it.

"What do you want?"

"To see you"

"Okay well you've seen me now so adios" I turned around but Hayes wrapped his arms around me before I could open the door. It made me shiver but it made me feel so safe. I still had feelings for Hayes, through everything that happened. I don't know why, he's such an asshole but I can't help it.

"No. Listen I'm sorry. I've said sorry so many times to you in the week I've known you; I'm a dick I know. I just want you to forgive me Grace. I do stupid things all the time please don't be mad at me"

"Hayes I'm done with you. I've given you so many 'second' chances. I'm not getting hurt again Hayes" shit. I was not meant to mention the again part.

"Again?"

"I didn't mean that. Ignore me. But I've already told you, I don't want to speak to you or even see you or even be near you unless I'm made to"

"Are you getting the bus tomorrow?"

"No"

"Okay" he sighed.

"Bye Hayes"

"Goodbye, Grace" just before I went to go inside he leaned in to kiss me. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want him kissing me; I quickly turned my head making him kiss me on the cheek while I scrunched up my face. He looked quite sad about it.

I walked inside and saw my mum, standing behind the door. As soon as she saw me she ran into the kitchen. I chased after her.

"MUM! WHERE YOU EARSDROPPING ON OUR COVERSATION?"

"Of course not! Would I do that?"

"Yes!"

She laughed which caused me to laugh, in the end we found ourselves in each other's arms in hysterics. "Come on, I've made your tea. The pizza will be here soon, come in the front room and tell me everything"

I loved it when my mum was home. I loved getting to spend time with her. I just wish I could spend more time with her. My mum was my only friend here. I have a step brother and sister in my year and my step sister's in my class, but they're both popular and they had only just got back from Spain with their mum's family this afternoon so they hadn't been in school since I'd been there.

I got a text from Hayes which extremely annoyed me as I told him I didn't want to speak to him.

"You didn't tell me Matt Espinosa was your brother! He's one of my best mates, he's proper cool" I ignored it.

"Oh, Grace," my mum started. "Laura and Matt are coming here before school tomorrow, if you don't want to get the bus they might walk with you. If you're walking I suggest you get up at 5 so you can be at school on time!"

I didn't want to be seen walking into school with them. Especially Matt! All the people at my school love them because they're popular and attractive. If I walked in with them, I'd have so many people staring at me and I hated that. It made me feel insecure.