Chapter 1

I woke up and viciously dragged myself out of bed. It was 6am and I had to be at the bus stop by 7am. It was my first day of year ten and I was going into my new school as I had recently moved to a small village in England. My name is grace, original right? I’ve never been very popular; at most, I’ve probably had two friends. I got bullied a lot by the ‘popular’ gang. But now, I have nobody. I know nobody. I used to go to a really posh all girls school in Chelsea, and now... well I’m going to a mixed school. Amazing. I only recently turned fourteen, august 4th.

I got ready and arrived to the bus stop just before the bus came. There were quite a lot of people there and they all seemed to know each other. I stepped on the bus last so there was only one space left. It was next to a, what seemed like tall, boy with brown hair that brushed across his forehead. He was sitting on the chair next to the isle so I’d have to climb over him but as I walked towards him he moved over and looked me in the eyes. He had big, beautiful blue eyes that shined brighter than the sun and the stars.

“Hi, I’m Hayes.” he said in a slightly deep voice.

“I’m Grace.” I replied.

He pleasingly nodded and put his earphones in. Charming! I tried to message my best friend Emily, but my signal went. I sighed and decided to play temple run as it was the only thing to play. I then stopped and stared out the window on the other side. I felt Hayes gently put my hair behind my ear and put the right earphone in so I could listen to the song “all of the stars” by Ed Sheeran which kind of surprised me as I never would have labelled him to be one of the guys who listen to songs like this. I turned my head and looked at him. He smiled at me. His smile was the most pleasing I’d ever seen. I smiled back and looked back out of the window.

We finally arrived at school and yet again, I was the last person off. Hayes walked off just before me and as he got off he ran and gave his friend (I’m assuming they’re friends) a “bro hug”. The school looked like a horror film although it also looked quite posh and clean. Everyone knew each other as they had been in this school since they were eleven. I walked past Hayes and his friends and heard someone ask him who “the weird girl behind him” was.

“I’m not sure. Some new girl I guess. I had to sit next to her because there were no other seats. Bit of freak really.” Wow. This school was going to be great.

He noticed me walk past and the look of guilt grew all over his face. I guess I should have known. One of those popular guys who act nice to you so they can throw it back into your face and embarrass you. I really hope not everybody here is like this. I walked into my form class and my teacher assigned me a seat. The tables were in twos so I was going to have to sit next to someone. But it was just my luck that, that someone was Hayes. I hope this year goes by fast.

“Hi Grace.”

I ignored him.

“Um, about earlier...”

“Forget it. I’ve dealt with stuck up, immature, imbeciles like you my whole life. Just don't speak to me.”

I guess I left him speechless because he got out his phone and started to go onto twitter. Once the classroom was filled up, my teacher began to speak. He told us these were going to be our seats for the rest of the year and that we would probably be doing a lot of work together. Then he introduced me. Everybody turned around and stared. I even heard some people whisper things about me. I wanted to just text my Mum and tell her to get me out of here. But I knew I couldn’t.