Chapter 10

The rest of the school day went pretty fast and the second lesson with Hayes wasn't too bad, it was independent work which meant I didn't have to speak to him and luckily I hasn't with him in any other lessons. Lunch was okay, I sat with Laura, Ally, Jade, Alice and Amy who has became such good friends of mine in a few hours. They really are lovely girls and I'm glad that out of everyone in my new school, these are my friends.

Me, Laura and Hayes met up with Matt outside the entrance before walking home. The boys stayed behind for a minute to talk to some of the popular girls, you know, the ones whose legs physically cannot shut anymore so me and Laura decided to just walk ahead. We were talking about lessons and teachers etc when she changed the subject out of nowhere to me and Hayes in first period. I blushed and put my hands over my face whilst shaking my head.

'Honestly, I'm not sure what happened. He grabbed my hand and I didn't have the effort to fight back and remove it, and then he started rubbing my hand, and the back of my hand is very, very sensitive and it made me giggle'

She laughed and nodded in disbelief. The boys caught up after five minutes. Laura gripped my hand and started sprinting down the road, pulling me with her. I wasn't sure whether I should have tried to let go or not, so I just let her pull me. The boys chased us until we got to an alley.

'There's a really cool shop that does like, American sweets and that. Come with? I want treats and considering the teachers are on strike tomorrow, we can spend the whole night scoffing our faces with America'

Laura's grammar was horrifyingly bad, but it was one of the things I liked best about her. She started walking, so we had to follow her. We went into the shop and it smelt and looked so nice.

'Okay, this shop is mint' I sighed at the fact Matt used the word mint, considering how much I hate that word, and he knows that.

We brought three bags full of sweets and then walked home. We went back to mine first and put mine, Laura and Matt's bags in the house, then we changed out of our uniforms and went to Hayes'. We all snuggled on the sofa and obviously, Laura and Matt made me be next to Hayes. Typical! We ordered pizza but Matt and Laura decided they wanted to go and pick it up, leaving me and Hayes in the house. As soon as they left Hayes turned to me and started speaking.

'So class today was... fun?'

'I guess so'

'Um, so... do you like sushi?'

I laughed harder than I had done for years, he asked me if I liked sushi?

'I can't... tell if that's... a serious... question... or not' I struggled to say as I physically could not breathe.

A look of embarrassment took over Hayes' face which made me laugh even harder. Seriously though, who likes sushi and out of all questions, he chose that? Eventually, Hayes found it funny too and after five minutes of me laughing he decided to speak again.

'You look beautiful when you laugh'

I stopped laughing.

'What?'

'What?'

'Hayes...'

'Yes?'

'What did you just say to me?'

'I didn't say anything I just asked if you liked sushi' he replied as fast as he could.

I gave him an evil look and he gulped with his head down as he was scratching the back of his neck.

'I'm not dumb Hayes. I know most of the girls you speak to are, but I'm not. Please stop taking me for a stupid bimbo because that's not me. I'm not like those girls you like, I like maths not makeup. I like science, not sex. Stop treating me like an idiot, I heard what you said Hayes'