Chapter 21

I woke up again at 2pm.

"Hi, I'm the girl Jack was with. I just want to let you know, when he came to me he was a state. He's so sorry, he realizes what he done was wrong, and he's so sorry, I know I should have said no but I'm an idiot. I'm sorry, please forgive him"

Once I read that I burst into laughter, which soon enough turned into tears. I was a mess. I was crying for ages until Matt barged into my room and held me. I soon enough calmed down and decided to text back.

"You must be stupid if you think I'm going to forgive him. You really have some nerve even texting me, let alone telling me that Jack was the vunerable, upset one. I'm pretty sure you don't know what's happened in my life? What's he told you? I was pushing everyone away because I'm a bitch? If you actually believe that he is truly sorry I suggest you delete my number, because I do not have any time for you. Have a nice life!"

I knew I had to go back to school tomorrow. No more crying, no more comfort eating or being vunerable. I'm done trusting people so easily and letting people walk all over me and I'm done with hiding from my fears and running away when things go wrong. I'm going to go to school tomorrow, on the bus, with my head held high because my best friend is most likely going to survive and I never really needed Jack anyway. I wasn't going to take anyones pitty either, I don't need that. Jess will be okay.

I got ready and walked downstairs with a huge smile on my face. I walked into my front room to be greeted by Matt and Hayes. 

"Are you okay?" Hayes asked with confusion in his voice.

"I'm grand thank you" I smiled.

He laughed and shook his head. 

"Shall we go out?" I asked.

"What?" Matt replied.

"Shall we go out? As in, outside?" 

"Grace, are you sure you're ready to go?

"I'm not sure if you're being sarcasric or not. Matt I've been locked in this house for about two weeks, I can't take it anymore I'm going to go mental!"

They laughed and got up. We went to the park that I went to the first day I met Hayes. 

We laughed for hours and played on the swings and roundabouts etc until Matt had to go meet up with Sammy, leaving me and Hayes alone.

I didn't feel awkward around Hayes anymore, not since I started liking Jack. When I started liking Jack all my feelings for Hayes just disappeared. We spoke for a while, it was nice, actually. It was one of the nicest moments I'd had with Hayes I'd had since I met him. It was dark and cold and I was shiverring like mad.

"Want my jacket?" Hayes asked.

"No, I'm fine" I lied.

He laughed, took off his jacket and put it over me whilst moving so our thighs were touching. We sat in silence for a whilst until I saw Hayes starring at me. I turned to look at him.

"What?" I laughed.

"Nothing" he smirked.

I gave him a confused look and stared into his eyes. Those eyes that used to make me forget about everything, but now, did nothing.

We sat there starring at each other for a while until Hayes grabbed my face and pulled it towards his, connecting our lips. It only lasted for a few seconds, but within those few seconds, everything I used to feel for Hayes came rushing back. When I starred into his eyes, I forgot about everything. The scent of his aftershave gave me butterflies, because it's the one he always wears. It's his smell. And it was within that moment that I knew, that I really did love Hayes. I loved Hayes more than I loved Taylor and more than I loved Jack. But I knew Hayes didn't love me back, he flirts with me, but that's it. He was my everything. I secretely loved him... a secret love.