-Because I Love You-

My version of Choni in 3x09. I really feel like they deserve better from that episode so here's how I'd imagine it!
———————————————————

Toni's POV

"Shhh. I don't wanna wake up Nana Rose." Cheryl whispered after I tripped and almost dropped our duffel bag.

"Sorry, Cher." I whispered back.

"It's fine. Is your foot okay?"

"Yeah." I giggled. "Let's get upstairs now."

We shut the back door and went through the kitchen and quietly passed Nana Rose's room, then finally hurried up to our room. It was honestly weird to call Cheryl's room 'our room' now. I moved in with Cheryl a month ago and it's honestly been amazing. It would have been better if it weren't for the quarantine though.

Jughead and FP had been stuck outside of the town and that left the Serpents hanging high and dry in more ways then one. FP helped the Serpents find jobs so they could make money but after the quarantine was placed all the jobs for the Serpents fell through. Since none of the Serpents really had jobs, no one had money. Everyone had to do what they needed to do to make any money they could. A couple of the girls around Cheryl and I's age had to take up a job at a strip club, Sweet Pea and Fangs started to sell drugs, and some of the older Serpents were still trying to figure something out. All of this was going on while Cheryl and I were doing fine. That's what led us to where we were now. Stealing money from Riverdale's upper class.

We didn't want to start stealing but we didn't really know what else to do. Just like everyone else, we couldn't get a job, and Cheryl didn't have that much of her will money left. The legal fees for her emancipation were pricy and the 3 month road trip definitely wasn't cheap. Cheryl only had enough to support us and her Nana on for right now, but we still wanted to help out. The Serpents were our family after all.

"Shit, Tee-Tee. This is a couple thousand." Cheryl said as she finished counting the money in the duffel bag.

"Yeah and the fabergé egg will definitely supply a big payout." I said as I picked up the egg we stole from the Pembrooke. I then looked over at Cheryl and she was now sitting on the edge of the bed looking at the cat mask in her hand. "Cher?" I asked quietly as I sat next to her.

"When can we stop doing this?" She asked with sadness evident in her words.

"Right now." I said reassuringly. "We have what we need for the Serpents and I honestly hate doing this." I explained.

"Me too. It makes me feel bad even though this is to help our family. I can't believe we even let this get to the point that we stole from Veronica." She frowned.

"Technically we stole from Hiram, but yeah we've let this get out of hand. But we're done now. We'll sell the egg and once we get the money from that then we'll give all the money to the Serpents."

"What about Jughead's new rule about no crime? You know what the consequen-"

"No ones gonna know, Babe. We'll figure out a way to hide the face that it's stolen and no one will ever know. Plus it's not like Jughead doesn't have a steady history of crime in the last year."

"Okay." She said shakily. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her shoulder.

"It's going to be okay. I promise."