Chapter 9

Y/N POV

"So Y/N, your single dropped today. And I must say, it sounds incredible!"

I was doing an interview for KIIS-FM 102.7 with Ryan Seacrest today and let me tell you I was nervous as fuck. This was the first time I made a public appearance about my music and it made me a nervous wreck.

"Thank you so much man. Yeah, this was a long time coming, at least for me. I'm more comfortable creating the music rather than singing it so this is still all very new to me."

"Well, the song sounds great. In just two hours it's already trending on twitter as number one and iTunes has it as the second song most bought."

"I know. It's crazy!"

"I also heard that you signed a record deal with RBMG under Scooter Braun as your manager. How did that come about?"

"Well, Justin Bieber is a good friend of mine. We're actually working on his album together, and he recommended I speak to Scooter about representing me."

"Can I say that's insane?!"

I laughed at Ryan's enthusiasm.

"Y/N, I got to ask. What's next for you? Are you going to release a full album?"

"Uh... well originally that wasn't the plan. I just wanted to get my music out there and see the reception. But since it looks like people dig it, I can definitely say yes!"

"You heard it here folk on KIIS-FM 102.7! YN/LN has just confirmed it."

"I already have most of the songs down, so my now fans won't have to wait that long."

"Great!"

We kept the interview going, talking about how I got started and how I also produce music. I talked about my close friendship with Hayley Kiyoko and how we plan on collabing again in the future. I also told him how I want to delve into Latin music. The guys from CNCO are about to release their album late in the year so I saw it fit to add that little hint.

"Alright Y/N, it looks like we're short on time so let's move on to some fan question that were sent in this morning."

"Let's do it!"

"Okay, @Y/Nismagic tweeted: What are your inspirations when writing or producing music?"

"Well first I want to say hi to @Y/Nismagic! And to answer the question, I have a lot of music influences. I like to listen to a variety of music; rap, rock, pop and EDM because I don't like limiting myself to just one genre. I feel like if I don't, I'm missing out on all the interesting vibes and sounds the world has to offer."

"Great answer. Let's move on the next one, @IntoY/Nballsdeep..." I laughed out loud at the user name he read, "What type of girls or guys do you find attractive? Are you dating anyone?"

I instantly blushed at the question. I had no idea if Camila and I were in a place where I could say that we're publicly dating. I decided to take the safe route.

"Uh, well first off hello. Secondly, I'm proud to say that the girls that I find attractive is any girl really. I don't like to look at the physical of anyone. To me, it's all about someone's heart. If they are a nice and caring person, then that's all for me."

"Mmhmm. So, what about the second part.", Ryan said with a smirk on his face.

"Uh--, I'm just going to say no comment on that."

"So, there is someone?!"

"No comment.", I said chuckling.

"Okay, okay. I'll lay off. But we have time for one more, @Y/Nislife tweeted: how does it feel to finally be somebody when you were unknown to the world?"