Chapter 21

Authors note!!

This chapter might be short and crappy because it's like 11:00pm. I had volleyball right after school and then my family went to a friends house to watch a football game. This is literally the only time I have to update. So sorry if its horrible!! Okay chapter time!!

Tris pov

*BEFORE POOL PARTY*

My parents and Caleb won't be home until Sunday. My mom has to be out of town on business and so does my dad. Caleb decided to stay at his friends house all weekend. I called my mom and dad to make sure it was okay if I have a pool party. They both said yes!

My mom left me $100 for the weekend for good and other stuff.

Chris is supposed to be hear before noon and it's 11:30 so hopefully she comes.

Right on cue I hear the doorbell ring.

" Hey Chris!"

" What's up! I brought some food for the party." She says putting down all of her stuff.

" Can you help me put up the volleyball net?" I ask.

" Sure!"

We head outside and grab the net supplies.

" Top or bottom first?" she asks.

" Do top." I say.

"K."

Once we get the net set up we change into our swim suites. I'm so excited! To be honest I haven't had an party with my friends since 6th grade. It was a stupid party with bored games. Man I can be the most boring person ever.

I check the time and I have 15 minutes. Awesome! I decide to take my makeup off so I don't look like a raccoon when I swim. Talk about embarrassment.

" Hey Chris, did you take off your makeup?" I yell towards the downstairs.

" Maybe I should do that!"

" Maybe!"

* All Rights Belong to Veronica Roth*