ANGEL

Yam opened the door car, revealing the little angel who's sleeping soundly on the car seat.

"Awe. Poor kid. She fell asleep." Yam turned to the others. "Should I wake her, Cap?"

"No need. Just carry her. It's better if she's asleep," said Kim, turning her back on Yam.

Yam leaned forward to check the inside of the car. She picked the mobile phone on the dashboard and placed it into one of her pockets. "Phone's dead. Now come here, you little girl..."

The kid's eyes flutter open when she was lifted from the seat. She looked at Yam with her round eyes.

"Hey there, Katie baby..." said Yam, smiling.

Katrien didn't say anything. She looked frightened. She looked at the other three people in the area and went back at Yam, her eyes watery now. "Mommy..."

"No, baby... don't cry... we're going to bring you to mommy now..." said Yam.

"Mommy..." Katrien started crying, her hands covering her eyes.

"Yam, don't frighten the kid!" said Zee.

"I am not frightening her! She cried when she saw you!" retorted Yam.

"Mommy!!!" this time the cry was louder. Katrien was looking around, searching for her mom.

"Can you make her stop, Yam?" asked Conan. "We're gonna attract some Evens if she won't stop."

Yam lifted Katie out of the car and hugged her. "Hey, Katie. Don't cry now. We're here to save you and we'll bring you to your mom in a few..."

But that didn't work. Katrien continued crying.

"Yam, we're going to be in a difficult situation if the kid won't stop crying now," said Kim this time. She's looking around now for any signs of Evens.

"I'm trying, Captain!" Yam was patting Katrien's back now.

"And I thought you were good with kids?" asked Zee, already in defense position.

"I only said I love kids. I never said that I was good with them," Yam hissed. "Hush now, baby. Your mom is waiting for you in the headquarters..."

"Mommy..."

"Yam, we're gonna be in trouble..." said Zee, looking around.

"I know! I know! I'm trying here, okay?" Yam tried cuddling the kid but it didn't work. The kid continued crying. "Maybe we should switch positions if you think this is easy!"

"Will you two stop bickering?" said Kim, annoyed. She walked towards Yam. "Give her to me. We've got to do something to make her stop."

Yam obeyed right away and handled the crying Katrien to Kim.

The moment she was transferred, Katrien wrapped her arms around the Captain's neck, resting her little head on Kim's shoulder. And just like that, without Kim doing anything, Katrien stopped crying.

It became too silent that the wind blowing can be heard. The troop stared at their captain, amazed.

"W-what did you do, Cap?" asked Yam.

Kim looked clueless at Yam. "I-I don't know. I just carried her."

"Wow. Didn't know you were good with kids," teased Zee. Kim grunted.

"Since the kid seems to be comfortable around you, if I may suggest, let's make Yam our Finisher instead," said Conan.

Kim looked at Yam and the kid. "I guess there are no other options. Yam, you take the Finisher role. Let's head to Sanctuary Four now before it rains."