t.r🥡

team player

There is only two things on my mind right now: what am I going to eat tonight and how to kill Trevante Rhodes. I had to cancel another track meeting just because his football team wanted to have another day of conditioning. When I received the text from the co-captain of the football team (which happens to be my best friend) that they were taking up the track and the field I was livid.

I slam the door to my car which I was speeding in and storm my way to the field in my track practice clothes and all. My black lose curly hair trailing behind me as I walk my way on the field. Some boys had already stopped and took in my appearance looking me up and down in my compression black track shorts and black tanktop thats being cover by my track teams jacket. My best friend Odell who is talking to Trevante smiles at me and puts his head down shaking it slightly.

"Trevante!" I call out crossing my arms against my chest. He turns and looks at me with a smirk. "A word please." I say angrily causing the team around him to 'Ooo' like kindergarteners. Trevante lets out a little laugh and nods. He walk towards me leaving minimal personal space while towering over my 5'1 frame.

"Don't get to close." Odell warns Trevante walking away from us and the situation. I roll my eyes and avert my attention back to Trevante.

"What's the problem princess?" He asks looking down at me.

"First my name is not princess its Tommy-" He cuts me off with a scoff.

"Thats not your real name." He says copying my stance crossing his hands over his chest.

"That is my real name." I come back removing my arms from my chest and placing my hands on my hips.

"No it's not Aria, every student might know you as Tommy but every athlete knows you as 'Aria Tommy Trevor' a little girl from Detroit running at olympic speed in college." He says moving his hands dramatically cross the sky when he said my name.

I roll my eyes almost to hard and say "None of that matters right now, I have state winning track team to lead but its kind of hard to do that when someone and his bulky ass team insists on having conditioning every fricking day taking up the track and field." I say ranting about the problems with his bonehead team.

"What are you trying to say princess?" He asks letting out a sigh. My mouth hangs agape and my shoulders drop.

"I need the fucking track. I let you have it all last week just because you guys won your first game of the season, but it's Saturday of a whole new week, leaving me to force my girls to run on a Sunday morning." I explain franticly.

"Alright princess I hear you. How about we condition with the track team from now on, and we let y'all have the track to yourself on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Deal?" He asks sticking his large neatly groomed but calloused hand out for me to shake.

I think for a moment before grabbing on to his hand landing a firm shake "Deal."

____

Wednesday

Me and Trevante stand before our teams which are confused to why their sitting together.

"From now on Wednesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's we will be conditioning with the football team." I say with my hands on my hips. Both teams groan in annoyance.

"Tommy you've gotta be kidding?" Briana one of my track members asks.

"Nah were both serious, we need the field and y'all need the track and it seems like both sports do the same conditioning so why not help each other out." Trevante says looking out at the teams then looking down at me.