-ten-

Today was the day, the big final game against Iceland

Today was the day, the big final game against Iceland. The biggest game in Jordan and her team's life. In the locker room, as the team was getting ready, Adam waltzes in without a cast.

"Coach!" He beams holding his stick. "I woke up, and the pain was gone." Adam moves the stick in a rotation which he wasn't able to do before, but now he was healed.

The whole team cheered at his fast recovery but Gordon had bad news.

"Adam, I'm sorry but we already have a full roster." Gordon says sadly and the team looks at Russ, who sadly begins to take off his jersey. But Charlie stops him.

"He can have my spot." He offers and the whole team stares at him. Jordan smiled at her best friend's big decision, how he was so humble made her so happy. "It's what I can do for the team."

He then turns to Adam, "Let me do it."

Adam looks away in disbelief but grips his shoulder in gratefulness.

"Charlie," Coach puts the clipboard in his hands, "I need you coaching right there with me."

Jordan claps and immediately embraced her best friend who hugged her back, "I'm so proud of you, Conway. Oh, I mean Coach." She corrects herself with a playful wink and salute making Charlie laugh.

As it was almost time to go, Luis pulled Jordan aside, "Good luck, hermosa. You're a starter so give them hell." He smirks and kisses her forehead.

"Thanks, Mendoza." She smiles and gives him a hug with a kiss on the cheek.

•••
The door opened and out skated Team USA anxious to get the game started. The crowd cheered and Jordan smiled at how many people were there supporting them. She quickly looked to see two young men holding signs with the number 22, they must be Luis' brothers.

"Luis!" Jordan calls out, he stops immediately once he hears her and then skated over to her. "Your brothers, they're here!"

Luis looked up to see his brothers cheering and waving over at him with their signs. Luis chuckles at them but gasps when he says a woman and a man call out his name as well. He looked away in disbelief and then gazed up again to see if he wasn't going crazy.

"What's wrong?" Jordan asks. Luis motions to the stands.

"My mom and dad are here," Luis had to regain his composure, because he didn't think his parents cared.

"They're gonna see you play!" Jordan squealed.

•••
"Heads high, stand tall, fly straight! USA..."