Chapter 16: Nightmares. [Dick/Thea]

Dick was outside on the driveway of Wayne Manor. The air was cold and he walked quickly to the entrance so he could get warm. When he let himself in to the entrance hall, he heard yelling - but couldn't quite tell who it was. He followed the sound upstairs, finally finding it in the study where the family had spent Christmas Day together. Tim and Damian were attempting to hold Jason back from something and Dick's attention was drawn to Thea in the corner, looking terrified.

"Thea?" He ran to her, to comfort her and keep her safe from Jason. "It's okay, we won't let him hurt you."

"It's not me he wants." Thea whispered.

"What?"

"He wants to kill you. Then have me to himself."

"Are you fucking kidding me..." Dick scowled and faced Jason, Tim and Damian still struggling to keep Jason away. "You don't get to choose who she loves, Todd."

"I love her. More than you could."

"Shut the fuck up."

The room changed to darkness and two spotlights. One on Dick, one on Jason.

"She'll see you for what you really are, Grayson. She'll leave you. She'll come to me."

"You are worse than I have ever been. Thea doesn't love you. Not the way you want her to. You can't change that."

"She'll have to love one of us. Let it be the one who's left standing. No guns, no tricks. Just the training Bruce gave us."

"I'll fucking end you, Todd."

"Bite me, Grayson."

The pair lunged at each other, throwing punches and kicks at wherever they could. Dick was fast and was not easy to hit, due to his slighter build. Jason was infuriated by this and swore off his no-gun rule. He pulled a gun from the back of his trousers, and aimed it at Dick's head.

"I will end you."

"No!" Thea's voice echoed in the dark room as she ran in front of Dick. Her eyes were glowing her icy colour and she glared at Jason. Dick noticed the tips of her blonde hair were also the same pale hue as her eyes and energy. "You leave him alone, Todd. I'm fucking serious."

"Isn't that cute? The Boy Wonder needs defending. Get out the way, Thea. This doesn't involve you."

"Fuck you." Thea replied nastily, her hands glowing.

"I see how it is."

Thea let the rage she had seemingly been containing out, running at Jason, not giving him a chance to react. Dick could hear the burning of skin on chemical energy but Jason was too busy avoiding Thea's punches to notice. Thea was unstoppable for a while and Dick could do nothing but watch. This version of Thea scared him a little, reminding himself of how he used to be back in his Robin days.

Bang!

Thea gasped, staggering backwards, the front of Jason's gun in her hand still on her chest. Jason fell to the floor as she did. The colours in her hands, eyes and hair faded to their usual colours as she gasped for air. A large red wound became visible from under her shirt.