Anecdote

Will's POV

Annabeth was the first across the border. She hadn't loosened her grip on the needle the entire way back. We all raced to catch up with her, me in the front.

Annabeth tore into the Big House, dashing up the stairs and to Percy's room. When I got in there, I closed the door behind me, shutting everyone else out.

She was already at Percy's bedside when I turned around. And Percy looked horrible. He was unconscious, his black hair plastered to his forehead, paler than when we left. His chest rose and fell slowly, leaving more time between each breath.

His eyes moved beneath his eyelids and his face betrayed his pain. Annabeth's eyes filled with tears as she looked him. I eased the needle from her hands and poured the contents into a vial. I mixed in some nectar and sang a hymn to my father to bring it all together.

I sat on the bed. "Annabeth, get behind him and sit him up please."

She nodded and did what I said, letting Percy lean on her. "He's really hot," she said, concern lacing every word. I tried to stop myself, I really did. But I couldn't help but laugh. Her eyes widened slightly. "I didn't mean—ah who am I kidding. Just hurry up please?"

I poured the vial into his mouth. For a second nothing happened. And then he coughed. Again. And his eyes opened. His vibrant green eyes were watery and bloodshot, but he looked around in confusion.

Annabeth broke down in tears and hugged him tight. "Annabeth," he whispered. "I'm here," she cried. "I'm here."

I smiled at the two. I patted Percy's knee, deducting that everything was fine. I left the room to see everyone's anxious faces melt at the sight of my smile.

"He's okay," I said. "He'll be okay."

The end!!!!!! Thank you all so much for sticking around for the end! It means so much to me! I know this has been a long wait for the whole thing because I kept losing interest, and I'm just glad it's done now. I hope you enjoyed it! I love you so much demigods:)