CHAPTER ELEVEN

Ahmad POV.....

This is my third month here and it's one hell of a day today. They keep postponing the meeting at the end of the day. My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts and I checked to see a Nigerian number and unknown. I answered and put it on speaker.

“ Hello. Who's on the line?.” I asked without even waiting for the person to speak.

“ Ya Ahmad how're you doing? Fatima Suhaylat friend remember!”. She said. How could I forget her.

“ Oh I do. Am fine. Longest time”.

“ Yes. How have you been?  I asked of you and was told you left the country to another for business. I hope everything is fine”.

“ Yes. Everything is fine.  Thanks for calling ”.

“ May the Almighty help see you through. Make sure you don't stress yourself okay”. She said showing her concern.

“ Okay. Thanks for the care”.

“ My pleasure. I have to go bye”.

“ Okay. Thank you for calling.”  I said before hanging up. She's really what Suhaylat said she is. Speaking of Suhaylat, I dialed her number and she picked at first ring.

“ Hello sugar”. She said making me chuckle.

“ You're mad. Who's your sugar?”.

“ Do I have any sugar other than you. Sugar of my heart. I missed you. When are you coming back?”. She asked.

“ Maybe in two months. I missed you too and stop calling me with those stupid names. Where is Mom?”.

“ Errrr, She's in her room. Mind you I won't take the phone to her,call her since you have her number”.

“ But you always take the phone to her. Then why all of a sudden?”. I asked. Something is up.

“ I am busy”. She said sounding uncomfortable.

“ Doing what?”. I asked.

“ Chatting with friends and family. You know it's been a long time”. She's lying about something I know.

“ And since when did you became attached to them. I know you enough to tell that you're not saying the truth or are you in love?”.

“ Yes I am but I don't know if that person loves me or not”. What is she saying.

“ Who is he. I am sure he loves you. Who can resist such a beauty. Tell me”.

“ His name is Ahmad and I am talking to him right now”. She said laughing.

“ Well you must know that this guy here is meant for another woman not you. So back off”. I said with a warning tone which ends in laughter.

“ Okay then I guess I'll just give up on him and find my Knight in shining armour”. She said.

“ But seriously where is Mom?”. I decided to asked again.

“ She's out to one of her friends”.

“ Then why didn't you said so?”. What is she hiding.

“ Okay I love you too. Bye”. She said and hang up. Now I am sure she's definitely hiding something. I dialed Kamal contact.

Hey man”. He spoke into the phone.

“ Hey woman. How are you?”. I said trying hard not to laugh

“ You're stupid. Between you and I,who got the looks of a woman?”.  He asked

“ You of course. Are you at home?”.

“ What will a man be doing at home by now after all he's supposed to be out hustling”.

“ But you're a woman not a man and some  women  stayed at home”.

“ Ouch,man that hurts. I can see you're really enjoying yourself since you don't want to come back”. He said

“ No. I am tired  of staying here. They're the ones making things difficult but I will try and get back in two months time. Bye”.

“ Okay bye”.  He hang up. How will life be without this guy? Boring I guess.....

**********

Adda POV.......

“ Ammi I must tell you that ya Aalim is finally in love. Maybe you should ask him yourself.  I am tired of staying with a man old enough to have children”. I said as I've noticed him through this one month how he looked at Suhaylat whenever she came and the only thing I know for sure is that he's in love with her. It has been long since he dated. That's a long time. After her.

“ If you don't shut your mouth then I will help you do so. Who says I'm  in love?.” Ya Aalim said trying to defend himself.

“ Just say the truth ya Aalim. I've seen the way you looked at Suhaylat every time she came and that day when her mother came alone you kept looking behind her to see if she was there. When you noticed she came alone,the look on your face showed clearly disappointment. Come on just say it. You don't have to be shy of Ammi. In fact she's supposed to be the first person to know”.

He looked from me to Ammi then back to me again. He sighed.

“ Ammi don't believe anything she said. She's just being stupid. I had no idea what she's talking about”. He said

“ Okay since that's what you said. I guess I'll just go ahead and tell her to marry him”. I said sarcastically waiting to see his reaction.

“ Marry who? What are you saying? Why would.....  You're not been serious right ”. He said looking at me with his eyes as wide as saucers.

“ Ammi see what I am talking about. If you haven't fallen for her then why all these questions? And mind you, I only said that so that Ammi could see for herself and it worked. Better Man up and approach her before it's too late okay”. I said patting his back.
“ So, it's true. Good luck with that”. Ammi said after watching the drama that unfold in front of her.

“ Ammi please stop. You're making me uncomfortable ”.

“ Someone is shy....” I whispered chuckling. Enough for him to hear me though.

“ Will you just shut up”.

“ I've just helped you. So, you're
welcome”.  He smiled and walked out in embarrassment.  Ammi looked at me with a smile and I smiled back.

So Our Aalim is finally in love😚 But what does she mean by After her. After who?