TWENTY TWO_FREEDOM

Adeela

Freedom is good. Lack of it is the worse thing ever. Even though I don't get out much when home but it's so much better than being in the custody of some evil people, i'm finally home thanks to Ahmad, that man owes me alot. I so much wanted calling home but he said to make it a surprise and here we are, finally home. I sat watching him and his friend but does the friend know about me,I know he called him over the phone but I have no idea what was discussed.

“ Hello dear”. An unknown voice brought me out of my thoughts.

“ Oh hey”. I replied putting on a smile.

“ God, where are my manners? I am Kamal. this woman's friend”. He introduced looking at Ahmad who was looking at him as if ready to murder him.

“ I am Adeela, guess you've already heard about me”. I introduced.

“ Yeah, Ahmad told me everything over the phone, I'm sorry for all that happened to you. Your family would be the happiest seeing you back and safe, now let's get you home”. Kamal said

“ Everything that happened was destined to happen, I believe it's a test from the Almighty and I truly thank God for sending an Angel amidst darkness, God, I'm so nervous”. I said sighing.

“ Don't be, have courage”. Ahmad said this time “ it will come to pass, let's get going”. He added.

“ After you”. I said dragging my luggage with me which Ahmad been the kind soul he is took it from me. We Walked out of the airport, with them leading the way and me trailing behind. Ahmad loaded the luggages and Kamal opened the back door for me to enter. They entered and Kamal started the car. Everything seemed new to me, it's like I've never been here before. I was about to ask if he knows the address then I remembered Ahmad had been there a couple of times. How time really flies, Allah says in the Qur'an that with every hardship comes ease and now it's all in the past. I thank God for this test because everything that's been hidden had come to light, who knows, Adda might even be pregnant, our little bundle of joy, I can't help but started smiling like a fool.

    “ Someone is having a great time I believe” his cute voice brought me back “ We're here” he said the last part making my heart stopped. My body started to shiver.

“ Hey,hey, Calm down, it's normal to freak out but you have to calm down, okay”. He said

“ Okay”. I replied.

“ Now, deep breath in out”. He said and I did as he said.

“ I think I'm good to go”. I said looking from him to Kamal who haven't said a word since we stopped.

“ If you think, then you're really not good to go”. He said.

“ Okay, I am good to go, can't wait”. I said making a sequel like a little girl, I really can't wait. I carried my bag opening the car door. When I looked up, it all seems like a dream, like I wasn't born and raised in this place. Okay, I am really freaking out, I stood as they walked to the door pushing it open

“ Come on, you got this” Ahmad said making me straighten up. As I set my foot inside the house, memories came rushing like a flooding river. The house is so quiet like a graveyard. Kamal pressed the bell button.

“ I'm coming”. A voice shouted from the other side, I can swear it's Adda's voice, sounds of footsteps filled my ears as the person keep coming closer, the door opened and behold,stood Adda looking shocked, surprised and unable to speak, she let out a loud cry and that's when mine came flowing.

“ Oh my God, o my God,is it really you?, Ammi, Ammi, Ammi”. She started shouting. I walked up to her and hugged her “ it is really me Adda, you can feel me, I am real”. I said letting my own dam flowed.

“  Adda, what's happening?, Why are you shouting” the twins came running. “Ya Salam, Sister”. Before I knew it I was already on the floor with the twins on top of me. They got off me and helped me up with their eyes filled with tears.
“ Adeela....my baby.. are you the one? Are you.... Before she could finish,I was already in her arms. God, I missed the warmth of been in this woman's arms.

“ Yes Ammi it's your baby,I'm the one” I said hugging her tight afraid if i let go,she'll disappear. Ya Aalim must be out I guess.

“ Are we expecting visitors today?”. Speak of the devil, my heart in human form, Ya Aalim.

“ it's me or should I go back?”. I said turning to face him and his mouth went hanging. He stood his ground unable to move just looking at me with unreadable expression, I walked up to him and hold his hands.

“ Ya Aalim, it's me, your favorito Or have you forgotten how your favorito look like”. I said looking in his eyes, that's when he let out a loud sigh bringing me to him and hugging me gently as if I'll easily break. Before he whispers in my ears “ I'm glad you are safely back” he said with his voice cracking. O my God,Ya Aalim is about to cry.

“ It's fine Ya Aalim, all is well now”. I said gently patting him on the back

“ Now, Y'all should meet my saviour and his friend”. That's when all heads turned to see the two men standing by the door.

“ Oh, Kamal and our best friend, am I right” .Ya Aalim said smiling at Kamal. I became dumb, did they know each other, that's a stupid question to ask, he already called his name but how.

“ Yes, he's the best friend I've been talking about”. Kamal said.

“ it's good to finally meet you Ahmad. I am Aalim”. Ya Aalim said extending his hand to Ahmad for a shake.

“ It's good to meet you too”.

“ Kamal, how have you been, I asked of you and Aalim said you've been busy these days”. Ammi said.
Now I am about to go crazy, when did all these happened, Ammi do know of Ahmad,they all do but not Kamal.
     “ Ahmad, it's good to finally see you, your mother said you've been out for work, I believe you're the saviour my daughter here is talking about right habibty?”. Ammi said looking from him to me. God, his mom? Where did she see his mother.

“ Let's all get in, I believe we have so much to talk about” Adda finally talked leading the way in.

“ Yeah let's get in”. Ammi said holding me by her side.

We all walked to the living room and sat down, everyone keep silent before I decided to break the silent.

“ Let's get you all something to chew on”. Adda said chuckling.
“ No Adda. I really need to let it all out. Please sit”. I said and she sat down. “ What happened was..........”.