Chapter 10- Symbols and the Scary Lady

This glowing thing is really creepy and scary. I've never seen anything like it in my whole entire life. Then I looked at my symbol ¤. The glow on it just faded. I never thought that I'd miss that glow.

Just then, the school bus stopped. I realized that we're at home already. The bus door opened and I hopped out. I kissed my parents, Francis and Hannah Smith. They asked me how school was and I told them about the strange note on my locker, but mom said, "Honey, you know that in this world, there can be no explanation in such things you say. It's impossible. Maybe it's just your imagination." then I said, "No, mom. It's not any willy nilly imagination. It really happened. I promise!". Dad replied, "Darling, what you're saying is nearly out of this world! It can't be true! Not a word again". I said, "Yes dad.". Then, mom clasped dad's hand as they walked in the living room.  I saw mom whispering something in dad's ear, but I can't hear them. I got curious because mom was looking worried and dad was looking vexed. So I asked, "Mom, what are you whispering to dad about?". Dad said, "Uh... Sweety, why don't you...err...I said that...well... Ah! Dinner's ready! Peas, roast beef, mashed potatoes, and barbequed fish... on the table! So...uh...eat now... yes, well... Oh I almost forgot! Aunt Flo is coming tonight for dinner... so...fix up and... be your best!".

Did you read that? Aunt Flo is coming! Aunt Flo is the bestest aunt in the world because she always gives us tons of funky gifts. The last time she visited us, she gave me a strawberry scented package set. In there was strawberry scented stuff like ballpens, correction tape, pencils, pad papers, bracelets, a watch, necklaces, hair accessories, notebooks, erasers, loom bands, clay, wallets, and much, much, much, much more! Oh, how I loved Aunt Flo!

So I got up in my room, removed my clothes, opened my closet, got my sky blue shirt, my baby pink shorts, tied my hair again into a ponytail, and sprayed some strawberry scented perfume.

Kkriingg! Kkriingg!

The doorbell rang just in time I put on my fluffy slippers. I ran as fast as I can downstairs to greet Aunt Flo. Actually, her real name is Flora, but she likes Flo better.

Leslie was already there, and she was wearing an apple green  t- shirt and her favorite white shorts with black ribbons. I also saw Sabrina who was wearing a striped purple and yellow sleeveless shirt and brown shorts. Michael was also there, wearing a white t-shirt and red shorts. We opened it and there was Aunt Flo! She was carrying tons of bags which I'm sure has our brand new gifts!

"Hello Leslie, my, oh my! You have grown!", Aunt Flo said to Leslie, and Leslie smiled, "Well hello Sabrina! I like your hair tonight! It's very neat and pretty!", she said to Sabrina, and I can sense Sab was very happy with that compliment, "And how about you, my dear Allice? You're more beautiful than I can imagine!".

Woah! So that means I'm pretty!

"My, oh my! Is that you, Michael? You have grown very handsome!" Aunt Flo said to Michael as he grinned. "Here's for you Leslie, a Rainbow Package Set, and for Sabrina, a Vintage Lace Package Set, for Allice, a Glow in the Dark Package Set, and for Michael, a Black and White Package Set.

Woah! Glow in the Dark Package Set? Simply amazing!

As we ate our delectable dinner, Leslie, Sabrina, Michael and I went our own private room. This is where we play together. And now, we will make loom bands with our Package Sets. I ripped the cover and I threw it in the trash can. Then I saw funky glow in the dark stuff in it! There were glow in the dark stuff like ballpens, correction tape, pencils, pad papers, bracelets, a watch, necklaces, hair accessories, notebooks, erasers, loom bands, clay, wallets, and much, much, much, much more!

I got the Loom Bands from their box. I also got the materials needed like the loom board and the loom hook. I started making a triple fishtail and flower power. I also started to make a dragon's tooth, bubbleshooter, zippie chain, donut chain and necklaces.

Just then, I felt something very strange. It's in my head but it's like I can't say it. I feel a bit creeped out. I looked at my symbol.

It was glowing again!

My siblings all looked at me. "Nice glow in the dark tattoo, Allice!", Leslie said. "Can I have one? I'll give this loom bracelet. Please!", Sabrina pleaded. "Wait, wait, wait... a glow in the dark tattoo? But how come it's glowing? It...", Michael said. "It's glowing 'cause it's glow in the dark! Duh!" Sabrina interrupted. "Yes, Yes! I know it's glow in the dark and it's supposed to glow, but howcome? Look! This room's not dark! And glow in the dark only glow when it's dark!" Michael blusterred. "Oh... you're right..." Sabrina shamefully said. Just then, Leslie springed out of her position and turned off the lights.

Why oh why did she do that?

"Ahhh! Help me! Leslie turn the lights on! Now! Ahh!" hollered Sabrina. "I think we're, we're, we're... Gonna die! Help! Mom! Aunt Flo! Dad!" hollered Michael. "Will you please shut up the hell up?! There's nothing to be afraid of! Why are you so...so...oh..." I said as my voice trailled off because I saw something very scary.

My siblings have symbols that glow too!

OH. MY. GLOW. Oh my holy glow! I have a sun-like symbol in each of my fingertips. Sabrina has squares symbol in each of her hips down to her feet. Michael has a yin yang  symbol in each of his arms. Leslie has a  circle with curls in it symbol at her chest.

"What in the world are these? And that too? And on Allice? And on Sab?" worried Leslie. "We look stupid." complained Michael. "Yeah. I hate them too. Looks ridiculous."I said. "Uh, guys, guys... Guys!" Sab shouted. "What?!" Michael, Leslie and I chorused with a ting of anger and impatience. "We said what?!" Leslie yelled. Sabrina stood frozen and her fingers pointed towards the window. All of us stood there, shocked and scared of what we saw.

A scary lady is in front of us, holding a sharp, bloody knife.