01| killer instinct

killer instinct

My nerves were apparent as I walked in the crowded halls, my posse trailing. I tried to inhale and exhale as insusceptibly as I could. But this was my forte. The crowd parted. It was the first day, yet, even the freshers knew not to mess with me.

We made a pit stop at the washroom. Behind me followed, Kiara, Lyra, Nessa and Kim. We were the slags of Kimberton High. The ones not one dared to touch,

"Kyrie! Guess what? We have a new guy, a new hot, guy at that!" Nessa shrieked, she was definitely the custest of all of us and definitely the only one I could tolerate.

"I know, and he's like so, totes dreamy! He's in my English class!"

Oh shit, here comes the squealing.

Check.

Yeah, and they wonder why popular kids are stereotyped.

"Ooh, maybe you can snag him for yourself." Kim said, a sneaky, slimy grin on her face.

Right, but I had a reputation to maintain. "'Course love," I smirked.

"Can we go see the man?" Kiara was impatient. Always been.

The girls who'd been fussing with their hair and short clothes turned to me for the next course of action, I disregarded them entirely, touching up my dark red lipstick to absolute perfection. I could say that Kiara was getting more and more pissed by the second. Once I was done, at smirked through the mirror, walking out of the washroom, heels clacking.

It was lunch and the corridors were practically empty. I always had Nessa get me my food. Not too much, 'cause, yeah, rep to maintain.

The canteen was filled to the brim with horny, hungry teenagers, all tables full but mine. but my eyes zeroed in on one table, the one taken by the hottest guy I'd ever seen. He was dashing, brown hair, blue eyes, chiselled face, the works.

My eyes on his, and all eyes on me, I swayed my hips as I walked to the him.

Yeah, bow down bitches.

The others, they didn't follow, without the slightest bit of hesitation, I sat in front of him, I'd observed him as I walked, and he was all but gone.

"Hi, love," I smiled brightly, coyly.

His mouth tilted into a pretty smirk, a smirk that made me smile wider.

He leaned forward, his mouth right next to my ears. "I like girls who are forward," his breath was warm against my ear, and that was all the confirmation I needed. I got up from my chair, and crossed the distance between us in two strides. I straddled him, hands on his shoulders and pounced on him, smirking against me, he pulled me closer, responding eagerly.

#

The new guy, I'd come to know as Desmond, was pressed against me. But his attention was elsewhere. We were in the corridor. And they were empty save for us and a few odd ones here and there.

But Desmond's attention was fixated on a certain loathsome raven haired beauty. Avril.

Desmond didn't seem to know that I knew, thought. His hands were moving up and dow. my body. Avril. Right. I pressed my palms to his chest, pulling us apart. His gaze shifted to me and he seemed confused, taking my chance I fused my lips to his. His confusion shone through the kiss, soon though, he responded with vigour. And just when I was beginning to enjoy it the bell rang, breaking us apart.

It was only the warning bell but, but Desmond seemed eager to to get away, pressing one last open mouthed kiss on my neck, he removed his hand that had slid into the back pocket of my shorts.

But I wasn't ready yet, I wrapped my arm around his neck, latching my mouth to his jawline, working my magic there, moving down sensually to his neck. He rewarded me with a groan.

And damn, it was fucking hot.

Finding the place I was looking for, I suckled. I stepped back, admiring my badge of honour.

Flashing him a flirty smile, I turned back to leave.

That, right there, should leave him coming back for seconds.

#

"What am I gonna do?"

"You like him, don't you?"

"No, I don't."

"Avril,"

As much as I wanted to continue eavesdropping on them, I had to get something to eat before I combusted due to starvation.

I marched into the kitchen, merely regarding them with an upturned mouth. This shut their mouths up.

Avril, my half sister and Sandra, her best friend.

Avril, had beautiful black hair cascading down her back, that was always open, flowing down gently in waves up till her hip. She had beautiful, unblemished porcelain skin that glowed. She'd taken after her mother.

I had taken after mine.

Avril was a natural beauty, the kind that reminded you of the moon, the kind that guys dug.

Sandra on the other hand, made guys run for the hills, a shapeless figure, compared to Avril's slender frame and long legs. She was short and had fat in all the wrong places.

Sandra's frizzy blonde hair and dreary eyes were a severe let down.

But Sandra was a spitfire. Avril, not so much.

Sandra sneered at me, "What do you want, bitch?"

"For you to get a life, prude."

I was second nature to me now, ignoring Sandra's shitty remarks.

I pulled out a pack to of donuts that were marked with my name in my stepmothers hurried writing. Obviously, since me and her daughter don't get along with each other marking our boxes of snacks was necessary and she was a rather reasonable woman, she always made sure I got the same food as Avril.

Flicking Sandra's forehead on my way back, I sashayed back up the stairs.

0

hi loves, i wrote this book like two years ago when i was still a wee thing, and i don't have too many expectations or anything from it, if you're interested to hear how this plays out you can show your support by voting or commenting, if not i'll probably discontinue this book. thanks!