Chapter Thirty Three

Aragorn had left to prepare for the new mission ahead. Of course expecting him to go by himself. Leaving Reann and Elrond by themselves.

"Great now that you made his head big hes going to think that he has to do this on his own." Reann sighed dramatically

Elrond had chuckled smiling "Yes well no ones head can be bigger than yours. Now my dear I must leave and head back we shall see each other soon remember to stay the rock and by their sides."

"You don't have to tell me twice now go back and send Arwen my love." With a final hug Elrond put his hood up and left again

When she had gone outside Eomer was waiting for her "So I believe that you are leaving with Aragorn as well."

"Yes I must go they need me."

Eomer had grabbed both of Reann's hands kissing both of her knuckles "I figured that but please stay safe for me. I'll be awaiting your arrival during the battle m'lady."

"Of course and please please do watch over the youngling I wish I could say my farewell before my departure but I must go now. Don't be to harsh on him he deserves every right to be apart in this since his best friends are the main one leading this war."

"I'll watch him with my life now go."

Letting go Reann walked to where the rest of the men were "Ah let me guess this time you guys are not coming with me. I must go on my own this time so stay behind."

"The exact words of this foolish laddie." Gimli said

"I would of let Reann come willingly." Aragorn said smiling

"What would be the differnce?" Gimli growled

"I had heard where we are going Gimli I was there when Elrond had spoke to us, and well I don't think you'll like this but who care because we are all going together."

Riding out together they had rode out of the camp. All the men had gathered and seen whispering among themselves.

"Why are they leaving?"

"Is it because we have no hope."

"Do they know that this is all for nothing."

"What are we to do when they leave?"

They had ignored it all as they had made their way into the mountain. Already being welcomed with the gloomy feeling that had dawned upon them.

"Don't worry we got this as long as we stay together and stay strong."

"What kind of an army would linger in such a place?"

One that is cursed. Long ago, the Men of the Mountain swore an oath to the last King of Gondor, to come to his aid, to fight. But when the time came, when Gondor's need was dire, they fled, vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them, never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge. Who shall call them from the great twilight? The forgotten people. The heir of him to whom the oath they swore. From the north shall he come. Need shall drive him. He shall pass the door to the Paths of the Dead."

They had reached the end of the path to a small opening. Shivers had gone down Reann's spine feeling the coldness. Not being the only one Gimli too was feeling shivers and slight fear.

"The very warmth of my blood seems stolen away."

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the Dead keep it. The way is shut."

Reaching the opening the horses start to get scared before they are eventually let go and go galloping off.

"Well thats pleasing." Reann muttered

Aragorn had taken a look at the opening before looking at the others and walking "I do not fear death."

Quickly disappearing into the darkness. Legolas looking a bit hesitant before following behind him. Leaving the row dwarves.

"Come Gimli the dead are nothing to be afraid of plus it is in the mountains. Some of our people live in the mountains so it's like we're home." Reann told him before running in herself

Seconds later she hears Gimli enter behind her and they all hurry into the mountain Aragorn with a torch in his hand.

"Bones, there's bones everywhere." Reann whispered to herself looking at all the skulls that belonged to those who are not dead

A opening was soon seen as they had reached. Looking around and seeing nothing besides Legolas.

"What is it? What do you see?" Gimli questioned

"I see shapes of men, and horses."

Times like this did Reann wish she was an elf and could see things that regular people like herself could not see. The feeling of being watched did hit her quite hard though as she felt eyes upon her.

"Pale banners like shreds of cloud. Spears rise like winter-thickets through a shroud of mist. The Dead are following. They have been summoned."

"The Dead? Summoned? I knew that. Very good. Very good! Legolas!"

Green mist soon surrounds them which everyone is able to see. Gimli being afraid had tried to blow away all the mist that had started to go in his way. They go deeper into the opening soon hearing cracks from beneath them.

"Do not look down." Aragorn warned

Of course the dwarves had looked down and see that they were now walking onto the skulls. Making it into a giant hall all the green mist were now forming into green figures.

"Who dares enters my domain." It was the King of the Dead

"One who will have your allegiance." Aragorn would be the main one speaking through to the dead king

"The Dead do not suffer the living to pass."

"You will suffer me."

Laughter is heard throughout the hall as more figures start to appear and surround the four.

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the Dead keep it. The way is shut. Now you must die."

"I summon you to fulfill your oath."

"None but the king of Gondor may command me."

The king of the dead lifted his sword ready to attack only for Aragorn to pull out the sword of Andurin, and grabbing him by his throat.

"That line was broken." The King hissed

"It has been remade." Aragorn spoke while walking through the crowd of the dead "What say you?"

No one answers as the dead just shuffle back.

"What say you."

"You waste your time, Aragorn! They had no honor in life, they have none now in death."

"I am Isildur's heir. Fight for me, and I will hold your oaths fulfilled!"

"What say you?! You have my word! Fight, and I will release you from this living death! What say you?!"

"Stand, you traitors!" Reann had lost her patience

The mist soon disappears and the ground beneath them begin to shakes. Seconds later skulls being to burst out from everywhere.

"Out!" Aragorn screamed

"You do not have to tell me twice." Reann said as she grabbed Gimli's hand quickly dragging him out

Finally they make it out of the small opening of the cave. A black ship is seen in the distance on the sea. Aragorn's face begins to sadden, Legolas putting his arm around him, and Reann resting her head upon his and grabbing his hand in comfort.

"We fight." Turning around it was the voice of the King of the Dead