Chapter Four

Omg guys! I've got 92 reads! (Which is not much, compared to others, but still:)

But sadly.. I've only got 6 votes:( Pure Readers out there, you don't have any idea how much a single vote means to a writer!

So PLEASE vote ----------------------------> Aww, c'mon it's staring right at ya! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Isabella's POV~

"Aw, c'mon, Bella!" Cory let out an exasperated sigh as she struggled with me on my large, fluffy white bed with its warm, cotton sheets.

"Cor-r-y! S-stop-p!" I squealed as she tried to grab onto my hands and strangle me.

It'd already been an hour since Cory got to my house, and she'd been trying to get some nail polish on me. Hot pink nail polish.

That was so not happening.

But Cory thought otherwise. She finally pinned me down, much to my demise, and I had to eventually admit defeat.

So I lay back and didn't struggle. I could hear Cory's voice from the side of the bed,"Bella? Finally given up, huh?"

She slowly released my arms, and they fell limply. I pretended to have no movement at all, dead. You could tell because I made my eyes stare blankly at the ceiling, unmoving.

I could hear Cory's adrenaline-rushed ragged breath cooling down to regular ones.

"B-Bella? Are you there?" A hand waved in front of my face again, followed by Cory herself.

Her blue eyes were dilated from our struggle, and she was looking more worried by the second. Her brow creased in confusion. But I had to give the girl some credit. I mean, who would actually pass out because of nail polish?

I stifled a snicker.

Cory leaned down and looked into my dark eyes, scanning them for evidence of feeling.

He eyes blacked out, and just as she was about to call out," Aunt Ma-" That's when I made my move.

I pushed her off me, onto the deep red carpeted floor. Without a moment to lose, I jumped off the bed and tackled her on the ground, pinning her arms with one hand, while reaching out for the vial of hot pink nail polish she tried to force on me earlier.

"Let's see how you like a taste of your own medicine, Corinna Jakell." I grinned evilly, my eyes roaming over her face, taking in every inch of that moment, wanting to keep it forever.

Oh, how sweet revenge was. Well, in a good, friendly way. I guess.

Not giving room for any second thoughts, I opened up the vial, took out the little brush attached to the cap, and smeared the nail polish all over Cory's startled face.

She scream-giggled as I continued painting her face, struggling to free herself.

Soon, Cory's face was as pink as Strawberry Shortcake's dress. Cory really brought out the kid in me. Not that I was complaining.

Suddenly, I found myself staring at the ceiling, a crushing weight on top of me.

Oh no. My brilliant plan had backfired on me, at last. Cory wickedly smiled at me, already knowing what to do to the traitor that I was.

She slowly reached for the vial, but kept her blue eyes trained on me, watching the terror.

Instead of slowly smearing the polish onto me, she dipped the whole thing on my nose and messed everything onto my cheeks and hair.