The Importance of Winter

It was the beginning of winter. It was your favorite season.

The only thing you loved more than the holiday season, was your husband Levi.

You had met several months into your apprenticeship at the company. Levi was not at good presentation and you were not good with words.

You were the perfect match for the business, and for each other.

Several years later after that first marketing project, you two were married.

Of course, the wedding took place in the winter time.

Both of you still worked for the same company. You stayed in marketing, and Levi climbed the ranks until he was the Vice President of the company.

Needless to say, he was a very well liked man, and one hell of a business man.

Whatever he wanted, he got.

It had been a long day at the office and you were getting ready to leave. You grabbed your coat and keys and started to walk out of your cubicle.

"(Y/N)!"

You turned around to see Armin waving and jogging towards you.

He smiled when he reached you. "You're coming to the Christmas party right?"

"Yeah!" You laughed, "I didn't spend all this time working my butt off to not get a party once in a while!"

Armin chuckled. "Be safe (Y/N)."

You smiled and turned to leave. "Thanks Armin!"

——————————————————————

You had been in bed for several hours now. Levi did not come home yet, and your anxiety was beginning to build.

You placed your hand on the cold side of the bed where he should've been.

A glance at the clock left you in tears.

The red digital screen stated the time was 3 AM.

He never used to be this late...

Suddenly, you heard the door of the apartment open and shut slowly.

Your heart jumped.

"Levi? Is that you?" You called out.

The door to the bed room opened up to show a disheveled man. His hair was mess, and the collared shirt he wore was buttoned up incorrectly.

"Hey..." Levi said without even looking at you.

You were on the verge of tears. "Where have you been?"

He only undressed and rolled into bed, facing away from you.

The room stayed silent.

"L-Levi?" Your voice cracked as tears rolled down.

He had already passed out.

You curled up behind him and wrapped your arms around his body.

You cried.

This was not what your wanted her marriage to be.

And he had already grown so far from you...