{6}Common Ground{6}

{I did this edit and I'm kinda proud of it lol.}

  "I should explain now shouldn't I Pinetree?"

  "Yes, I'd definitely appreciate it."

  "Well, its the deal right? You want to understand why Gideon has the mark too and blah blah blah."

  "Pretty much."

  "Well because if you leave I'll kill you and Gideon or maybe just Gideon, basically it's a reminder. Don't test where I'm willing to go."

  Dipper poked at his food, "So if I ever decide to run away and leave, I'll kill someone."

  "Yes, that's the basics. Anything else?"

  "Yeah, why can't I leave the house?"

  Bill leaned back, "We're not in the dreamscape anymore, there I had free reign but here, well, not so much."

  "And where exactly is here?"

  "It's a place kind of like what the humans call hell but it's not a fire pit of death, but it's still dangerous for a mortal. Spirits roam freely and will not pass up a chance to take over your body and return to the mortal realm."

  Dipper nodded and rubbed his arm, "What did I here last night?"

  "Wendigo, mystical beasts are common here, and Wendigos are one of the least deadly."

  Dipper gulped lightly and nodded, taking a bite of what he assumed was bacon. Bill signed and looked down, "Hey, Pinetree, I'm sorry, I really am, but what did you hear?"

  "My dead grandma."

  "Oh."

  Dipper nodded, taking another bite of the 'bacon'.

  A few minutes passed in complete silence before a sound was heard.

  Bill coughed, it was forceful and awkward causing Dipper to internally cringe. He looked up and moved around the 'eggs' that sat on the plate.

  "Listen I know you don't want to be here, it's understandable, but for the love of Satan just talk to me."

  He set down the utensils and sighed, "Yeah, we should probably find common ground if we're both going to be stuck here."

  "How much common ground could a human as you have with a demon like me?"

  Dipper signed, his brows furrowing, "Well I have family and friends I want to protect."

  "Can't relate."

  "I want a peaceful life and to become a scientist."

  "Hah, nerd."

  Dipper sent a glare but continued, "And I want to get to know you."

  Bill smirked, "I guess we just found our common ground."

  Dipper laughed and looked away, a small tint of pink dusted his cheeks.

  "Now come on I'll give you a tour of the new place."

  Bill took Dipper around the house showing off his nice things and huge rooms. It was like a movie set to Dipper, all the riches and treasures.

  After the tour, he left to go shopping and Dipper were left to sit. Alone.

***

  Mabel was the only thing keeping Gideon from falling as she repeatedly punched him in the face. Her hand was wrapped tightly around his Supreme shirt.

  Everyone knew they should stop her but no one wanted to pull her off, after all, he was the main factor in how Bill got Dipper back. Then again he would have probably got Dipper back anyways.

  If Gideon hadn't died then Ford would've.

  They had realized there was no hope too late. Bill would never make another deal and who knew if Dipper would even want to come back with them.

  They felt hopeless in the situation they were in. Everything was getting worse.

***

  Dipper huffed, tapping the remote to the TV over and over in the search for a good show, maybe even movie, to watch. But this place, whatever it was, seems to have the worst TV shows he's ever seen. And he's seen Gravity Falls television.

  After an at least an hour of flipping though he just landed on a random show and watched. The channel was clearly for kids, kind of like Disney channel but it was darker and viler.

  Blood and gore were shown and the people tried to do things like murder each other and commit suicide, and it was all romanticized. It kind of reminded him of 13 Reasons Why on steroids. After a few minutes into the show titled: "Levity Floats" however, he clicked off.

  He jumped up off the couch and huffed. The room felt tight and claustrophobic now that he had nothing to distract himself with. It was dull and all the colors were desaturated with nothing to distract from it.

    The walls sounded like static as if he'd been thrown into an old TV. Every little detail of the room stood out in its grayish color.

  To put it lightly. He was bored. So fucking bored.

  "Ugh", he groaned, throwing himself over dramatically.

  Bill opened the door as Dipper was draping himself off the counter, his hand dramatically placed on his forehead and half of his body folded over it. He looked like someone from a soap opera.

  He didn't notice the demon in the doorway until Bill couldn't hold in his laughter any longer and laughed crazily.

  Dipper sat up with a small smirk tinting his features, "Enjoy the show?"

  Bill started laughing harder, falling to the ground in a mess of giggles and breaths.

  Dipper started laughing soon after until both of them were a mess of laughter.

  A few minutes went by and they had finally stopped laughing, as every time they'd stopped before, they looked at each other and laughed again.

  A pink figure strutting in was the cause of the fun and laughter ending. Her hips slowly swayed and she walked past the door and to Dipper.

  "My, my, my you weren't kidding, he's quite the looker", she examined Dipper's face, making him scowl, "See why you want him, he's feisty."

  She let go of his face, whipping her hand off onto her flaming dress.

  "Pyronica, get out."

  "Watch it, Bill, I'm not in the mood for your attitude right now."

  Dipper scooted himself off of the counter and slowly turned to walk away. "Leaving the party so soon?", she hummed.

  He cringed and turned back around. Bill gave an apologetic look and turned his attention back to the demoness. "If you're going to infiltrate my home then at least take a human form."

  She groaned but did as he asked, her form changing into a shorter and paler version of herself. Her outfit was the same except for the white fur coat and fishnets she now adorned.  She tucked a piece of hair behind her pointed ears and gave him a look.

  He narrowed his eye at her making her narrow, her still cyclops-like eye back. Dipper just shifted in awkward silence as they had their one-eyed staring contest.

  "Well let's get down to business."

{To defeat the Huns)