Chapter 5

3 days later- Saturday night

Joe's POV

Dianne slips her hand in mine as we walk to the lounge, where the producers are going to tell us our order.

D- You'll be fine.

I swallow hard. I hope so. I'm so nervous, I just want to do well. I need to do well. I need to get to Blackpool to make my nan and Dianne proud. I ignore Dianne as I'm too deep into my thoughts.

D- Joe!

I'm pulled out of my daze at the fact that Dianne adresses me as Joe. She always adresses me as Suggy, Suggo or Joseph. Never Joe.

I'm only Joe when she's filming interviews and stuff. Or if it's something serious.

J- I'm sorry. I just don't want this to be the end.

D- Neither do I, but we've got to think positively. Look how much you've improved in the past few days! You'll be okay, I promise.

I nod. I swallow back the nerves.

J- (grinning) Come on, let's go rock this samba!

We walk into the lounge and find out we're going in more towards the middle this week.

Within an hour, we're all in our makeup and costumes and the show is about to start. Dianne and I watch as the pairs all dance really well. Before I know it, it's time for me and Dianne to dance. As we head backstage, Dianne does the usual "Good luck, Suggy."

She also adds:

D- Don't think, just have fun with it.

I nod as we head out on the dance floor. I get behind the drums and hear "Dancing the Samba, Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell."

The dance starts and it's off to a pretty rocky start when I miss my cue to start "drumming." Once I get down on the dance floor and meet with  Dianne...I'm alright. The only thing going through my head is "just have fun with it."

I sing along to the song and just smile the way through. Surprisingly the steps are coming naturally to me. I glance at Dianne who gives me a nod of approval which really makes me grin.

We're coming up towards the end and I feel Dianne's hand in my face; she strokes it with her thumb as we go down and then back up. That wasn't part of the choreography. I laugh. I am honestly over the moon, and I'm having the time of my life.

I run up behind the drums and hold my drumsticks in the air on the final beat. I look around at the hundreds of people in the arena cheering and applauding; at the judges and then at Dianne. I know that that was the best run through that we had done and I couldnt have danced any harder. I hit the cymbal with excitement because I'm just so so happy. I run down to Dianne, and almost knock her over when I hug her.

D- (In to my ear) I'm so proud of you!

I grin and hug her again, and we walk over to the judges for feedback. Of course there's a few critiques but it was mainly positive; I couldn't help but laugh at Bruno when he was describing how excited and happy I looked.

I walk up the stairs with Dianne.

We go through the usual process of the short interview with Tess and the scores.

T- well done guys, that was amazing!! Both of you seemed to be having a lot of fun during that!

J- Yeah, well that's actually what Dianne told me to do before I got on stage. I've been struggling with this dance all week, and it's been quite stressful so Dianne just told me "Have fun with it," so that's what I did.