Chapter 6

Joe's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. Someone's ringing me. I squint my eyes to try and make out what it says. I can just see that the name starts with an R. An R? I rub my eyes and see the name "Reddo💃"

Oh, It's Dianne. I forgot I changed her name.

I answer the phone groggily.

D- Morning Suggy!

She sounds so bubbily and awake,

J- Mhm?

D- Aren't you gonna say morning back?

J- Yeah, sorry, I only woke up about 20 seconds ago, morning.

D- Oh sorry, did I wake you? (Giggling) Maybe you should've gone to bed earlier...

J- Erm, Im sorry, but it was you who made me stay at yours until 1;30 in the morning?!

D- True, true, sorry about that. I was just wondering, do you want to have the day off or start rehearsing? It's up to you, really?

J- I do kinda want to practice but I want to rest too. Can we just do a couple of hours this morning and then rest this afternoon.

D- Sounds like a plan. Meet you at the studio in 30?

J- Sure.

D- See ya in a bit, Suggo!

J- See ya.

I hang up and look at the time. It's 9.42. Almost 8 hours of sleep, not bad. I throw on a pair of tracky bottoms and my nirvana shirt. I walk downstairs to grab myself some breakfast.

B- Morning sleepyhead, where you off to?

I put 2 slices of bread into the toaster.

J- Training.

B- But you don't train on Sundays!

J- (laughing) Well, it's Blackpool this weekend, I need to do well! 

B- Oh Yeah. Are you gonna be gone all day?

J- No, I'm only doing a few hours this morning, until 2 maybe?

B- Oh, okay.

I grab the toast as it pops up, quickly butter them and eat them as I walk out.

J- See ya, Byrone!!

B- See ya, Sugg!

I get into my car and drive to the studio. I head into our room to see Dianne sat on the floor, connecting her phone to the speaker.

J- You alright, Reddo?

D- Yes thanks, Suggo.

J- What dance are we doing this week?

D- Quickstep, to dancing fool!

J- Ooh! I hope this one will be a good one!

D- Me too, I'm sure it will be.

She smiles and I grin back at her. 

Dianne teaches me the choreography, which I pick up fairly quickly for the first day.

I love the dance and the fast pace. The choreography is amazing and probably my favourite so far! I'm struggling a little, but I always do on my first day. If I pick it up and execute it well, I truly believe that this could be our best dance yet! I'm so excited!

We have a miniature break as we have maybe an hour of rehearsal time left. Both of us are starting to get thirsty. Unfortunately, our water machine has broke, meaning we have to get water from the other side of the building, but neither of us can be bothered to move.