Chapter 16

Joe's POV

My alarm clock begins to beep sharply in my ears. I quickly stop it, yawn and look at the time. 9.30, not too bad.

I throw on my Nirvana shirt and my black jeans, and get my trainers on. I peek into Byron's room.

J- Byroneee! I'm going out!

I watch as he sits up and looks at his watch.

B- Already? A bit early!

J- I'm going to see-

B- Dianne?

I nod.

J- Helping her unpack her stuff, so I probably won't be too long....unless we end up hanging out for the day, I don't know.

B- Ah of course you will, you always do. Right see you at midnight tonight then.

J- (smiling) Dont be silly, I won't be back that late. Right, bye!

I turn on my heel, and quickly go to brush my teeth.

I shout a final "bye!" As I head out of the door and into my car. I get to Dianne's pretty quickly. I knock on the door quietly to see if she's awake but there's no reply after a minute, so I dig into my pocket for the key and let my self in.

I take off my shoes and peek my head into her room to see she's still asleep. Of course she is.

I put the kettle on to make myself a coffee, and turn the tv on at low volume, just to stick on the morning news, so I'm not sat in complete silence.

I rest my attention on the suitcases. I didn't really know where anything goes so I just decided to sort everything into piles. I open all the suitcases and begin to wade through everything. Clothes in one pile, general holiday stuff in another, swimming stuff, and books, just everything really.

I remember where the suit cases go because I remember watching Di get them out last week. As quietly as I can, I lug them into the storage room which is across from the bathroom. I get them all in and shut the door, aware that I am being a little noisy.

I get back into the living room and frown at all the messy piles sprawled everywhere. I think about what I do when I come off from holiday. I separate all the clothes into lights, darks and colours so I could get a wash going. Now I needed to find the washing machine.

I laugh quietly to myself at my hopelessness. It must be in the kitchen. I walk into the room next door, to see it opposite the dishwasher and beside the breakfast bar. By the time I'm done, I'll know where everything is and where everything goes!

I grab the books and place them on the small bookshelf under the TV. It would make sense for them to go there. I had no clue where the swimming stuff goes, especially because there's giant flippers and snorkels amongst the pile since they do scuba diving in Australia. I fold all the swimming costumes and bikinis and place the equipment on top. I place them just on top of the small table in the living room.

I grab her passport and place it into the safe in the bathroom, and I grab her small bag  of makeup and skincare products? I think that's what you call it anyway and I place it on the windowsill of the bathroom beside the mirror.

I return back to the living room to see I had gotten through everything. Nice, Joe. I look at my watch to see the time "10.36" shining back at me. Less than an hour. That's record time for unpacking.

I go to the kettle and pour two cups of coffee, since it's around time to be waking Dianne anyways. I smile to myself at the note that's left on the kettle from last night. I place the coffees on the table before going into Di's room.