Chapter 9

Diannes POV

I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder.

J- wake up Reddo, we're home.

I sit up wearily to see we've pulled into elstree studios. I look at my phone, squinting at the bright light. 11.46. Not too late, actually.

Joe carries all my bags because he can see I'm struggling as they are heavy and I'm not fully awake yet.

We get to Joe's car and load everything in.

I get into the front seat and Joe gets into the drivers seat. I've noticed he's really smiley tonight.

D- you're very smiley.

J- well, I'm very happy.

D- that's good. I didn't like seeing you like that earlier.

J- Yeah, I guess I put so much pressure on my self that I stressed myself out.

D- but you did really well in the end!

J- Yeah...3 10's... how mad.

We pull up outside my apartment.

J- See you in 30 then?

D- that's a challenge to get ready that fast...okay. See ya in 30.

I smile and get out the car. I decide to just leave all my stuff in his boot for now. I unlock the door and let myself in. Thirty minutes; that sure is a challenge.

I run straight up into my room, and find the prom dress hanging in the wardrobe. I slip it on, along with some red heels that are lying around the bottom of the cupboard.

I spend the rest of my time touching up my makeup, recurring my hair, spraying on perfume; man, I'm excited for tonight.

Joe's POV

I let myself into my house. I wave hello to Byron and quickly shout that I'm not stopping in. Byron looks confused but I haven't got time to deal with him.

I find my blue suit and pull it on, along with my dark, navy tie. Before I know it, it's almost time to go, so I quickly gel my hair, spray on some cologne and pull on my shoes.

I run downstairs grabbing the car keys as I go.

B- Hey! Where are you off to looking like that at this time?

I tap the side of my nose mysteriously, as I grab my wallet.

B- you sureeee do scrub up well. Are you trying to impress someone?

J- pssh no...

B- bet it's Dianneeee!

J- Oh shut up, Byron!

B- I'm not wrong though, am I?

I shrug and smile as I let myself out the door.

J- later!!

B- have fun...but not too much fun!

He winks at me when he says the last part. I roll my eyes to myself as I get back into my car. It's go time.

I look at my watch to see I still have 10 minutes until I have to pick Di up.

10 minutes.

What can I do in 10 minutes?

I have an idea. I smile to myself.

•••••

I get out my car and knock on Di's door, holding a bunch of flowers behind my back.