Chapter 13

Aiden, Lukas, Kate, Bendy, Boris, and Alice didn't want to have to do Susie's bidding. But with Susie in control of the elevator, their only ticket out of the studio at the moment, they had to do what she wanted in exchange for her to let them leave.

"You, brown haired boy. My machines are hungry! Gather me some spare parts!" said Susie's voice on the speakers.

The group heard the sound of something moving. The machine to the left of the door moved, revealing that it was a transport tube. A wrench was now available to take. Aiden walked up to the machine and grabbed it.

"I can go with you, Aiden. There's gear boxes on level K. That might be what she wants," said Boris.

Aiden nodded his head at Boris.

"Girl with the glasses. Have you seen them? The Swollen Ones!" said Susie's voice.

"'Swollen Ones?'" Kate muttered, forming a confused look.

"They're just stuffed full of extra thick ink. It makes me sick! And yet... it's the perfect thing for keeping myself together. If you're going to catch them, you're going to have to learn to move quietly. Take this. You'll need it," said Susie's voice.

The transport tube opened up again. An ink syringe came out. Kate frowned as she grabbed the syringe.

"Swollen searchers are common on level eleven. I can go with you," said Bendy.

"Fine. I need you to watch my back since I'll be using this for defense..." Kate said. She frowned as she looked at the syringe.

"And as for you blonde. I'll make this simple: look for valve panels. Turn the little wheels. Then bring me their power cores," said Susie's voice.

The transport tube made some noise once more. A plunger came out. Lukas grabbed the plunger, frowning a bit.

"Really?" he asked. "And I don't even know what the hell she meant..."

"I think I know. I'll go with you to level P," said Alice.

"Alright," said Lukas.

"Get to work. Please don't make me regret sparing you," said Susie's voice.

The group walked away from Susie's door. They started to go back to the lift.

"Take the stairs as often as you can guys. That elevator's old..." said Aiden. He remembered the recording that had Thomas Connor's warning about the elevator.

Before anyone could respond to him, they all heard Susie's voice speak on the speakers once more.

"Oh, and one more thing. Something about how things run in this place. There is one rule, and only one rule, that we all know and respect down here: Beware the Ink Demon. Stay out in the open for too long, and he will find you. For if you see him, you'd better hide. If you don't, well... I enjoyed our meeting. Now, let us begin our work," said Susie's voice.

The group fell silent. It had been a long time since Aiden, Lukas, and Kate had their encounter with the Ink Demon. And after meeting Bendy, Boris, and Alice, they had forgotten that the biggest threat was the Ink Demon. And now, they were at the risk of running into him once more.

"Don't worry. If the Ink Demon is coming, we can know," whispered Boris.

"Yeah. Whenever he is coming, you can hear a heartbeat, and you'll see the walls and floors start turning black. If we see him, either slip away quietly, or find a spot to hide," whispered Alice.