Chapter 23

No one spoke. They knew that from the start, they would have to go into the lair of the Ink Demon to save Bendy. But there was apparently something else that they could get there to. Something that they may need.

But they didn't have a clue. Whether or not they would've known, or if it was important, they still had to go there. They still had to rescue Bendy.

The group spotted another closed off door. Knuckles ran over and punched the metal doors a bit. After creating a dent in them, he pushed them open, getting the doors open and allowing the group to continue onward.

"No turning back now..." he said.

The group continued forward. They could hear a projector running, and that concerned almost everyone. They were worried that the Projectionist was back, but F. Jesse and Kate knew that the Projectionist was dead. Sure enough, as they entered the room, they saw that it was just a regular projector running. There was no cartoon playing on the wall, and only a bright light shined.

They walked past the running projector. Up ahead was another hallway, but for some reason, the wall had a glass mirror. The group walked over to the hallway, but as they were close enough, the walls suddenly turned black. They could hear a heartbeat, and it was coming from the other side of the glass.

The group stayed silent as they saw the Ink Demon appear from the other side of the glass. He didn't seem to have noticed them, and just walked down the hallway.

Everyone watched as the Ink Demon went forward. They didn't want to risk going down the hallway and making noise, or else he might turn around and see that they were coming. They let the Ink Demon go onward without going down the hall.

The blackness along the walls and floors followed the Ink Demon down the hallway. And at the same time, the heartbeat grew fainter. Soon, it was quiet once more. It was safe to keep going.

The group continued down the hallway. As they turned a corner, they saw that there was an ink message written on the wall.

DEATH à

No one spoke. For a simple message, it was probably the scariest of them all. But they couldn't turn back. They had to go after the Ink Demon in order to save Bendy.

They walked onward, seeing blackness in a room ahead of them. Maya pulled out her torch again, but the flame had died out, due to using it in the fight against the Searchers and the Lost Ones earlier. She let out a sigh. The group continued forward, now without a light source.

As they approached the dark room, the group could hear the sounds of something running, and ink dripping rapidly. The group entered the room, and the lights suddenly turned on, finally allowing them to see what they heard.

There was a larger version of the Ink Machine, and from up above, they saw the original Ink Machine from upstairs get lowered into the machine.

"Is that..." said Aiden.

"The true Ink Machine... this is what created us..." said Alice.

"This is the machine Joey used to bring you guys to life?" asked Maya, forming a shocked look.

"This is insane!" said F. Jesse.

The group looked around. The only way forward appeared to lead up to the machine, because they could see a doorway below the machine. However, between the group and the doorway was a huge lake of ink.

"Boris and Alice can't go in that. We better build a bridge," said Kate.

F. Jesse started to pat her pockets, checking her inventory. She suddenly gasped.