Chapter Twelve~ Marry Me?

Tre's POV;

I began to walk back home. It was so dark I couldn't hardly see where I was going. When I made it home, there was a small path of candles leading inside the house. I followed them inside the house. The house was dark inside, with candles lit up everywhere. There on a table was a small book. For the cover was a picture of me and Billie Joe kissing. I quietly giggled and opened it. It was thick, but only had three pages in it.

I opened to the first page. The paper read: Tre, I honestly love you with all my heart. Things are so much brighter with you around. Even if I'm not happy, you make me smile. You're my everything. You make everything better. When I look into your eyes, I know we were meant to be forever.

The letters were written really big. I felt myself smiling as I opened to the next page.

Since the first time I saw you, I've been in love. When I'm with you, everything feels safe. I love to hold you in my arms all day, and kiss you. I want it to be like that everyday. You're absolutely perfect the way you are, and I don't ever want you to ever change. I want to be with you for eternity.

I smiled widely as I changed the page.

If you feel the same way, keep walking straight.

I closed the book sat it down. I continued to walk, and on the kitchen table were pictures of me and Billie Joe. Pictures spread everywhere. I admired them for a few moments before I continued to walk.

I found another book, but this one was longer. It was so sweet, it made me cry several times. I smiled and slowly read it over a few times. It was perfect.

If you still feel the same, go to the back porch. The last page read. I sat the book down and walked to the back porch. It was beautiful. There were different colored lights shining brightly. And I spotted Billie Joe, standing there. He was wearing a tuxedo, which was adorable. He looked so nervous. I saw him take a deep breath in and let it out as I approached him.

"Tre, I know I suck at this romance stuff. I'm sorry for that... I'd do anything for you, Tre. I'm always going to be here for you. I'm going to love you forever." He got down on one of his knees and pulled out a small box from his pocket. He opened to uncover a ring.

"Tre, will you marry me?" He asked. I tried to hold back the tears, but they slowly fell down my cheeks. I was speechless.

"Y-yes." I managed to choke out with a nod. Billie smiled brightly and jumped up, picking me up and swinging me around. He stopped at put me down, slipping the ring on my finger.

"Wanna dance with me?" He asked taking my hand and lacing our fingers together.

"I can't dance."

He turned on the radio, which was playing a soft, slow tune. He pulled me closer to him. "Just follow me."

We both slowly danced together. I sucked at it, but I followed Billie Joe. After a while, I rested my head on his shoulder. I felt his warm arms wrap around me, hugging me tightly.

"I love you, Tre, more than you could imagine." Billie whispered soothingly in my ear. I gently smiled.

"I love you too, Billie Joe. More than anything in the world."

I pulled away from him and looked into his green eyes. He's so perfect. How could someone like him end up down here?

I gently kissed my lips and stared into my eyes. I knew at that moment, we were meant to be.