Chapter 4

When I was four winters old my parents took me out on my first fishing trip! I was so excited that the cave was covered in scorch marks and scratches from me celebrating! After my parents led me out back to the cliff we flew all the way to the ocean. It was the longest flight of my life at that time. I had to land on a few occasions to rest from the long journey. However, once we got there it was a sight to behold.

I saw towering sea stacks emerging from the crystal clear water and it was dotted with pristine coral reefs. There where countless seabirds and a large pod of dolphins playing near the sandbar by jumping and splashing around. I even saw a big Scauldron. I could stay there for weeks and take in the beautiful view but after only one-minute mother said, "Come along the view will be here forever but the fish can leave".

I followed her to the water as she prepared to fire a blast at the water until I saw a large school of grey fish at the surface of the water and she swallowed her blast and dove headfirst into the water and can bursting out with a mouthful of fish "Now you try" my father said so I did just as she did, I prepared a blast and held it till I saw the fish then I swallowed the blast and dived into the water managing to catch one small fish half hanging half out of my mouth "Ha-ha great work!" My mother laughed. After my father took a turn we flew to the closest sea stack and ate our well-earned catch.

I continued to practice my fishing technique till I was able to catch a large mouthful just like they did. Not long after my mother and father didn't hunt fish for me anymore but they did sometimes lend me a nibble of the mammals that they catch.