8

"Oh my pride is all I have.
Pride is what you had baby girl I'm what you have.
You'll be needing me but too bad."
-all I have by JLo

Baileys P.O.V.

The man in front of me makes my presence feel like a burden. I fix my suit before I sit in the black leather chair.

"Why the unexpected visit Bailey?" His eyes the same dark appearance as always. I clear my throat.

"I have an important matter to discuss." As if on cue another groan leaves his mouth. His eyes roll making it known that he's aggravated.

"Well. Talk."

"I want out." Laughter fills the air as if I said the funniest joke known to man. His pointer finger rubs under his eye.

"Out? You really think you can just get out?"

"Yes and I'm out. I don't want to run the gang when you're gone. I want a normal life."

"Trust me son, you don't want a normal life. You want a life in poverty? You want to work an actually job making minimum wage? Everything you have now will be gone." I stare into my fathers eyes for a good three minutes before speaking up.

"That's exactly what I want." Laughter fills the air again. This man is so cold hearted and so beyond annoying. It's hard to even call him a father. At the age of twelve I was forced into this gang. His gang. What father would make his son do this.

"Do you not understand son? You can't just quit. Not this business. Especially with the war between us and Rodriguez. Either way he will find you and you best be ready when he does." His face shows no signs of grief for putting me in danger.

I stand straightening my pants and suit jacket. I stare into his eyes hoping he'll understand. I don't want this life anymore. I want to be a man for Jordan. A real man. Not the man that shoots anyone who double crosses him.

"This doesn't have anything to do with that girl you've been seen multiple times with does it?"

My mouth stays closed. Of course he'd get the pictures also. I prayed he wouldn't find out about her right now.

"He killed your mother Bailey. He won't hesitate to kill you're girl either."

I slam my hand in his desk. How dare he? How fucking dare he bring that up. As if that's not the one thing on my mind right now.

"You ever bring that up again and I'll shoot you dead myself."

I leave his office with no more words. I didn't ask for this and now I don't even have a choice on whether or not I want to back out. It's sickening. Guess we have a father of the year right here. I want this for Jordan. She deserves a normal life. I don't even know how to tell her.

I get in my car and head to Wills. Jordan is there hanging out with Lena. I'm glad those two hit it off. They've been inseparable since she graduated. From what she's told me Alex and Olivia haven't talked much to her except for begging her to go home.

Minutes away from Wills my phone starts to ring. I look down to my phone.

Restricted number