14

"But I don't know how not to, think about you.
When it's late at night and quiet."
-how not to by Dan+Shay

Jordan's P.O.V.

"Hello honey!" My mother says as I walk down the stairs. The smell of pancakes fill my nostrils.

Yum.

"Morning mom! Where's dad?" I ask her. She smiles at me before telling me he's at work. She layers pancakes onto my plate. Happiness is in my eyes. This is it.

This is the life.

Moms pancakes with a nice cup of coffee in the side. My favorite. Time seems to flicker in slow motion as each bit takes forever to get in my mouth.

"I love you mom." I say with joy. Her smile fades and an evil laugh echos through the house. A house that seems so much smaller now. Her eyes terrorize me. Nothing but black fills her once beautiful emerald eyes.

She slowly walks over. When next to me, she starts wrapping tape around my wrists. Still, that menacing laugh fills the air.

"Who knew Bailey could fall in love with such a whore." I cry out as my moms words ring. My eyes flicker. In and out.

When I reopen them it's not my mother in front of me. It's a man. A man with the blackest eyes I've ever seen. Hatred shows.

I look around and I'm in a dark room. My hand are now taped to the chair. It's now I realize I'm not at home. I'm not with my mom. It was all a dream.

I thrash around causing the man to put his hands around my neck.

"Now now angel. You wouldn't want to go out so soon would you?" Fear hits me and hits me hard. My breathing starts to deteriorate. I try to suck in air but it hitches in my throat.

A slowly shake my head, signaling no. He releases and I cough.

"Where am I?" He laughs again.

"Well it wouldn't be any fun if I told you now, would it?" Tears spray from my eyes. But I refuse to let a whimper out.

"Where's Bailey?" I cry. My mind wanders. Is he okay? If they got me what have they done to him? Baileys words dance around my head. Him promising me he'll keep me safe and we would start a new life, with out any gang stuff.

Does he even know I'm gone? God please say yes. He surely has to he looking for me. The tape around my wrists pull my arm hair every time I make any slight movement. I wince at the pain.

One second my life never feels better then the next I feel like I don't have much time at all. The thought of what their plans are with me run through my head. Time feels nonexistent as the dark room closes in on me.

"Bailey? Don't worry angel. He knows you're gone. Once he finds us I get to kill the both of you." More tears brew, my head pounds harder and harder by the second. Bailey won't let that happen, right?

The what if's of this scenario plays on constant repeat. I just don't get it. I don't get how one person can simply ruin everything. I mean, of all nights, why this one? We were so close to being free. I can't believe how this guy wouldn't stop at anything to hurt Bailey. But most importantly me. I don't even know him. I've never done anything to him. I don't even know him!

Hate is not my strong suit. There are not many people that I hate.

Only a couple that I completely loathe for good reasons. This man in front of me, I hate him.

I hate how he ruined my life.

Baileys P.O.V.

Olivia has been trying to call Michael for the last hour but we've gotten no where.

Each minute that passes by kills me inside a little more. It's hard knowing that this would've never happened if it wasn't for me.

If Jordan never met me she would've had a great life. Had her family, friends, college. She most definitely wouldn't be scared for her life. That's the hardest part. I know I ruined her life the same way I ruined mine.

I should've said no to this life. When my father handed me that gun I should've shoved it back at him. I could've saved my life and hers.

Tears build up even more. Everyone warned me. My dad and Will. Plus some guys from the gang. I was the asshole that shoved all their fears to the back of my mind.

"You're nothing but a fucking cunt. You're fucking dead to me! I fucking hate you so much right now! I want-" I run quickly over to Alex and Olivia as Alex charges towards her. Lifting Alex by the hips, I swing her so her back is to Olivia. My arms that I use for restraints become bloody and she digs her nails into them.

"Let me go! I'm gonna fucking kill her!" Alex gives so much body movement so I'm forced to have her facing Olivia. Once in her field of view, Alex spits directly in her face.

"ENOUGH!" A large voices echos of the tin walls of the warehouse. We all immediately stop and turn to see none other than my father. His hands are behind his back and he stands tall.

A smirk grows on his face, knowing damn well he has authority.

"Who the fuck called you?" I ask him, my face as emotionless as possible given the time. Will automatically lowers in his seat. He receives a death glare from me.

My father stands face to face with me going on about how he told me so. I need something to ease this migraine I've spontaneously been given.

"I'm going to the back. Keep those two separated." I demand.

This is one of the only ways I know how to contain my violence. My mind is going nuts. Between my father and Jordan, I don't know who's going to be more mad at me right now.

I open and clear and purple container. Before I close it I stick two pills in it. Slowly, I turn the crusher until the product inside is a fine powder. I don't know why I do this to myself. Drugs isn't the way I wanted to start this man hunt. Hell, drugs isn't what I wanted to do at all in my life.

But right now, that's the only thing, besides Jordan by my side, that I need.

Hey lovely's!

So I really really hope you're enjoying this now that it's picked up!
Michael's really a piece of shit huh?
Just so you're aware there will be a sequel to this book plus I have the ending all planned out officially!
Don't hate me🤭