Chapter 3: A drunken mistake

I walked into my house and saw my mother and father and sister in the living room. I didn't know what was going into or what was going on. I saw my sister Jeanie looking at me with a disapproval look. My father stood there looking down to the ground with a saddened look into his eyes. I didn't know what to think for a moment before I could even think I saw someone else that was in the living room that I didn't know who it was. Until my mother said something

“Johnny come to sit down?” my mother said to me with a gentle voice. “We need to talk,” she said with a huff in her voice. I looked into my mother’s eyes and I suddenly saw that she was crying from something. I didn't know what to think. My eyes wandered to the man that was sitting next to her opened his mouth  

“Now that we are all here I would like to say this” the man spoke to us and suddenly I recognized that voice it was the lawyer that we hired for my brother case. Before I could think about it. Before I could say anything my eyes watered up almost as quick as I could think of it. “Your son's case is something I wish that I could have done something about way earlier,” he said before my mother could interrupt my father spoke

“What in the hell does that even mean?” my father asked the lawyer in a hateful voice that I knew all too well.

“It means that your son’s case is a dead end road unless we have the person that did it,” he said to my father and I looked at my mother she was about to cry all over again.

“So what you are saying is that my brother was murdered?” Jeanie asked the lawyer

“That is a possibility but since there was a gunshot wound on it could look like a suicide,” the lawyer said to us and that was a blowing point for everyone in the room. My mother's tears were coming down. I didn't know what to do all I knew what that I could comfort her.

“A gunshot to the fucking head are you fucking serious right now?” my father yelled at the lawyer

“Charles please not now” my mother pleaded to him

“Shut the fuck up Lana! are you telling me that my son killed himself what the fuck did he have to be depressed about? Nothing that is what ill tell you! My son was the happiest person on this planet!” my father screamed at the lawyer

“Dad  please just stop!” Jeanie yelled at my father “can't you even see that they are doing their best form all this?” Jeanie asked him

“I'll leave yall be,” the lawyer said as he was getting his things and leaving. My mother was already crying at this point. My father left in rushed right after he heard the engine start on the car of the lawyer. I could not even think at this point in my life I wished that Keagan was still here. He would know how to handle all this. I got up from my seat next to my mother. I quickly went upstairs and locked my door. Before I could even do anything I slumped down near my door and I started to cry. The words that echoed in my mind. Suicide my brother would never do something like that. There's no way that he could have done something like that. He would have never done something like that. Before I could even think I felt my phone vibrate like crazy. I sat there looking at my phone seeing that there are messages from Angie and Noah. I wanted to message them back but I could even think right now it was like everything was so clouded in my mind. Four months we were waiting on to hear back from this. I wanted never come out, out of my room. Sometimes I wished that I was strong enough for the ones that I love. I finally came out of my room. After washing my face off from everything that just happened. I text Angie saying that I was on my way. Wiping the dried tears that were on my face I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like I was empty for the first time in a long time. That is when I saw him again. Standing clear as day looking back at me. He was smiling at me. This wasn't Kristen at all this was someone else that looked nothing like him. His blonde hair that looked like someone that is famous. It made me want to know more about him. He was looking at me like I always did to him when I saw him in the morning times. I didn’t know what to think of it. I wanted to walk over there and ask him if I knew him. Before I could even think about it Angie messaged me saying alright. I changed my shirt I needed to have everyone think that I was alright. I didn't want anyone knowing what was actually going on with me. I took my favorite shirt that had sentimental value to me. I took it into my hands and smelled it. I wanted to not wear it, I was already shirtless looking at this t-shirt that I had in my hands. My mind was telling me not to wear it. Like always I threw the t-shirt into my clothes pile and went to grab another shirt. I finally dressed and went downstairs. I looked into the kitchen and saw my mother with a glass of wine. I just sat there and sighed. I left with texting my mother saying that I was going to be at Angie’s. I know my mother she didn't care as much about me as she did with my sister going out almost every night and doing whatever it is that my sister does. I just walked out of the door and went to my Angie’s house. As I walked to Angie’s. So much of my life I spent wondering why was I made this way. I mean me being gay why did I have to come out gay? Was I not normal enough? Was I supposed to be this way? All these questions inside of my head were never answered to me. I walked to Angie's house and saw that her father was already gone for work. I looked at her driveway saw that it Mason was already there with Noah standing outside as well I saw that they both had a beer in their hand. I looked at Mason and saw the same attractive. The cloudish hair that he had but swears that is it platinum blonde. His glasses that had the blueish blackish frames that he always wears but somehow he still looks so damn sexy. He was wearing a black tank top. I saw how well built his arms were. Even if he was a football player he was looking like someone from a porno that I saw once. Noah had the famous shorts that he loved just for the summer. He always has them on every single summer no matter what. Sometimes I wonder what he would do without those shorts. A smile came across my face when they noticed me.