Chapter 6: True Feelings Revealed

Waiting for Angie is like waiting for your mother while she is getting her hair done. The waiting on her is like a pain in the ass. Sometimes she is on time others like this right here is when she is late as fuck. Angie is a classic white girl sometimes being fashionably late on times like this. Then again it’s not like I never complained about before but that was before I kissed Noah and trying to figure it out that if he likes me or not, even if he is in fact gay. I looked at him and how he was to intertwined with whatever it was that was going on his phone. I looked at how his hair shined in the sunlight and how fluffy it was whenever he moved his hair. Sometimes I wonder, how it would have been if he was gay. Would he even like me? Could he even like me? I looked at myself as this repulsive person sometimes. Thing is I never really saw myself as an attractive person. I look at Noah and I see this athletic person more than I have ever been. So handsome and stupidly gorgeous and smart and just all well rounded. I never thought that I would get so attached to him. I didn’t even notice myself that I felt that way for Noah till that weekend that my brother passed on.

*Flashback to six months earlier*  

It was fall day when we got the call that my brother had died. That morning at six AM  when I heard my mothers crying echoing throughout the house. The sound of distraught and crying filled the house as I saw my mother balling her eyes out. Seeing the tears of my mother hearing and seeing her. I never thought that I would have ever heard those noises coming from her. Seeing my sister coming home from work and finding out that my brother and hugging me telling me that it is just me and her. Never thinking that I would see her cry. I never let a single tear out till I was finally alone. When I finally alone the tear felt like that were never-ending. Till finally I just cried till I finally fell asleep. I didn't even go to school for that entire week. I turned off my phone until finally, I could just face the world. When I finally did it was almost too real. I saw all the messages from Angie. She even messaged me on facebook. Then I saw that messages from Noah asking if I was okay. It was almost like a never stopping messages. Till finally, I looked on the wall of my brothers. That is when it all hit me harder seeing all those posts of everyone that was going to miss him. I could never even bring myself to get out of my bed. It wasn't till Angie and Noah finally came over and forced me to come outside for a bit. I remember it so well because Angie told me and Noah that she wanted to go to Starbucks. When Angie was gone to the bathroom and also to go get another cake pop for herself. Noah said something to me.

“Hey how are you doing?” he asked me out of the blue this time I was just silent. The entire week I was silent. I didn't say a word for almost two weeks about my brother. For some reason, I finally spoke I didn't know what it was that came over me. I looked at him and saw how his eyes just looked at me. His eyes never left mine.

“Horrible Noah, my mom almost drinks herself to sleep every night, Jeanie is gone every night, and my father -” that is when I choked thinking about my father and how he wanted to be around me more. I looked away I didn't want Noah to see that I was about cry. The tears that I never want anyone else to see. “Actually wants something to do with me” I tried to hold back the tears that were trying to force there way out on their own.

“John I'm so sorry I didn't know that,” Noah said to me. He looked at me before switching seats to get next to me. He didn't say anything to me. He stayed silent and he didn't even say a word. It was like he didn't even have to, he sat there and grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. I looked at him, The sorrow that was inside of his eyes. It was almost matched mine, It was like something clicked inside of me. It was almost like I wanted to kiss him. It was like having that connection or having some kind of spark.     

“I don't think anyone really knew about it Noah,” I said to him softly, I caught myself looking him straight into his eyes, as I moved my hand over onto his. We saw Angie came back with three cake pops for each of us. I looked at mine and I just smiled. It was a cat with ears sticking out, and having its tongue sticking out at me, and for the first time that week I smiled before I started to laugh out loud.