Chapter 2: An ice cream treat

After the school’s bell rang to signal that the school year is finally over, I quickly rush over to my locker to clean out what was hanging the locker door. I took down the picture of my older brother before I could not even begin to tell how much time I wish that I could have had with him more. Kegan was his name and last year he died unknowingly of the cause of death, I wish we knew what it was that killed him or hell if he was even murdered. Sometimes I just wish that he was here even on my bad days I might act all shy and happy on the outside but on the inside, I just wanted to die. My brother was my only sanity in that house. My mother was already mentally ill and my sister is well never around. God only knows where she goes during the night all I've ever know was that she goes out all night and then in the morning she comes back. As for my father well he is never around especially now that he and my mother divorced. He will only come around if he wants something and now that my brother is gone the only other son he wants something to do with me. I stood in the hall and packed up my things as I looked and saw that there were so many memories that were in my locker that I never thought that I would see again. Before I knew it I looked over my shoulder and I saw that Noah and Angie were walking towards me. I suddenly just push everything into the bag that I had on me before they walk over to me.

“Johnny we gotta go man remember we getting ice cream after school,” Noah said to me directing me to them

“Go on we will catch up with you guys,” Angie said to Justin and Noah as they nodded “so I heard that you bumped into Joseph Gurney” before I could even speak my flushed face spoke for me like it always does.

“Where did you hear that?” I huffed out almost like I was annoyed about it.

“Word gets around when you sit there and blush a mile a minute,” she said with a small laugh at the fact that I was blushing. I just sighed she knew that I had the biggest crush on Joseph.

“Yeah it happened, ”I said to her truthfully

“Oh my god how? And when? And where?” Angie exclaimed at me

“Last class when I was turning in my test, and I tripped and he just caught me,” I said rolling my eyes

“Ohhhh okay mister I don't want a boyfriend secretly I do,” she said to me I didn't want to mention me staring into those eyes of his. Sometimes I really do wish that I could just meet someone already.

“Can you hurry up already?” Angie said to me looking at like she wanted to hurry up and get out of here

“I'm coming jeez just let me zip up,” I said before Angie walked over and looked at the empty locker that was just cleaned out. Just as Angie was coming up towards me. I took my journal and shoved it inside of my bag.

“What was that?” Angie asked me

“What was what?” I asked back at her

“The composition notebook? What was in it?” she asked a part of me wanted to let her see the journal but then another part just didn't want her to see it. So I didn't let her see it.

“Just school stuff you know” I lied to her thank god she never knows me when I am lying.

“Okay well hurry because we are gonna miss the car ride over there,” Angie said

“Who is driving?” I asked

“Not me if that is what you are worried about,” she said with her hands on her hips

“Thank goodness,” I said sighing out of worries

“Hey I'm an excellent driver,” Angie said defending herself before she could even think she bumped into the queen bee herself Sarah Jane. Just looking at her makes me just wanna cringe into a ball and die. I looked at her with her long blonde hair, it probably smelled like pumpkin spice coffee since that is all that she ever seems to drink. Her tight sweater that shows off her boobs. Her tights that looked that they were incorporate with her outfit. Finally, I made my way up looking at her face. She looked like that she ten of gallons of makeup on her face. Knowing that she was insecure about her real looks. How she really looked underneath all that makeup