Chapter Eighteen

Person A: *Is reading on the couch*

Person B: A..... *pokes* A...

Person A: Yes B?

Person B: I need attention-

Person A: *Sets book down* Okay precious.

A/N- Alex is Person B and Hank is A

Chapter Eighteen:

It can be difficult to date Alex Summers.

The teen was complicated. His moods can change around quite quickly it was hard to keep up with the blond at times. Alex has so many walls built around his heart that it proved to be quite a challenge to break them all down. Hank would break one down only to slam into another wall that needs to be knocked down.

But Alex was starting to fully trust him.

He still felt quite proud of himself and of his boyfriend when Alex would say today was a bad day for him. Hank seems to find that the closer he gets to see the real Alex, the more bad days there are, but he refuses to give up on him. He wants to show Alex that the world isn't as cruel it can be, that there are good things in this world.

Every time he shows emotions and tells Hank secrets that he hadn't told anyone else, it was like a tiny chip of his heart was given to the brunet and Hank cherishes that tiny piece and falls even more in love with the blond. He was so honoured that Alex chose him out of everyone to let a few of his walls down. He just couldn't refuse the blond and Alex knew it, but never took advantage of him for it. Sure he uses his advantage for cuddles but that was the only thing he asks for and Hank will gladly give it to him.

Today was a day off from training. They were allowed to do what they wanted (mostly) and they took it. Hank didn't want to leave the lab but Charles had made sure that he couldn't go near the lab so he resorted to the library and was reading there. He vaguely hears the door open and ignores the couch moving as someone sat beside him. He had a feeling who it was and stops himself from smiling, not wanting the other person know that he already knew who it was and why they might be there.

"Hank." When the brunet does not answer he lets a chuckle out as the person beside him pokes him. "Hank." He repeats and the brunet looks up to see that indeed it was his boyfriend. He grins at Alex's glare and gives him his full attention. "Yes Alex?" He prompts and the blond sighs. He gives him a look but proceeds to poke him as he replies. "I need attention." He whines and the brunet nearly laughs.

Alex sometimes acted as a cat. He dozes like a cat when he lays in the warm sunlight, tries to be all angry when instead, proceeded to look even cuter and cuddles like one when it was just him and Alex in the bedroom away from the world. Hank smiles, once more grateful that Alex was telling him instead of just bottling it up with the rest of his emotions. He places his book down after marking the page and opens his arms. "Okay precious." He says and Alex smiles as he settles down in Hank's arms.

Alex sighs contently as he places his head over Hank's heart and the brunet runs his fingers through his blond hair. "Today a bad day?" He asks and grins when the blond shook his head. "Today is a good day. Thank you for not giving up on me." He says softly and Hank was surprised once more. There was quite a few things that he has learned that he didn't think that his boyfriend would have.

Once Hank had manage to break two layers of his walls, Hank was surprised when he found out that Alex was extremely touched starve. He craved attention and melts under any kind of attention that Hank gives him. That was why the brunet made a vow to constantly give him small gentle touches throughout the day to ground him. "I will never give up on you Alex, you are the best thing that ever happened in my life." He says and he knew it was sappy as hell, but it made Alex smile and that is what him happy.

Yeah it might be difficult to date Alex Summers, but he wouldn't have it any other way.