4: Andro and Aria

Don't forget to comment what you think guys, I love reading them x

• • •

In her recent memory, Aria could not recall a time she had been so annoyed as she climbed the stairs to her apartment.

Not only had she had a confrontation with the Hero Eden- which had put her right on top of the most hated list at Bartholomew College- but the lift at her apartment complex had also decided to break down. All in all, it was the worst day ever.

Aria's day, however, took a drastic turn when she saw who was waiting outside her apartment. She blinked slowly, but couldn't stop her heart as it increased in pace.

The younger- and suddenly better looking- Eden waited with one leg bent against a wall, his head pressed against the wall and his eyes fluttered to a close. Aria blinked slowly, then cleared her throat, almost shyly. He was a sight for sore eyes.

His eyes snapped open, and the sky blue glance he sent her way caused her smile to increase a fraction. She was sweating, her nose was puffed red and her eyes were practically shut, but his one look made it seem as if all problems in the world disappeared.

"Ari," he said, as if relieved, and she gave him a gentle smile as she raised a tired hand to wave at him.

"Hey, Andro," she responded with a tired but kind look. "What are you doing here?"

He looked around tentatively, and she averted her gaze. Andro was not as she had first expected. He was calm, and he didn't like drama, or involving himself in things that weren't his to be involved in. Unlike the other Eden, Aria thought bitterly.

"I could ask you the same thing, Ari," he responded, and pursed his lips. "You're the daughter of a multi-millionaire and still live in this dingy apartment."

Aria pressed her lips together. Okay, so maybe they're not that different.

"Do you want something?" she asked, rather than making a self-righteous comment. She wasn't living here for anyone but herself. She loved it here. She glanced at the room beside hers, where her neighbour and mother figure- Mrs Long- lived.

He looked at her through his long eyelashes sheepishly. "I know you're ill," he said. "And it's my fault. So... I wanna make it up to you."

She shook her head immediately. "It's not your fault." She said impassively. "And you don't need to look after me. I can do that myself." She had done, since she was 8 years old. But she didn't mention that.

He smiled a fraction, and she realised that, with that smile, no matter what he said, she would agree instantly.

"At least let me make you dinner," he said. "A soup, maybe?"

She sighed, but knew she would give in. "Okay," she said. "Only if you're sure. Don't feel like you have to-"

"Just open the door, Ari." he said, smiling still slightly. She looked down at her hands, and dug into the pocket of her bag for her keys.

She opened the door, and he followed behind her.

***

"We have to talk to the professor about our graded project, Hero," Isah said, yawning as he looked around the park. Hero sat still, glaring intently at the bench. "Can you please hurry up? With... whatever the hell you're doing."

"She's your sister," Hero replied, his tone almost accusing. "Can't you tell her to be less... annoying?"

Isah shook his head. "Not a chance," he replied. "I refuse to get involved in your shit, and then ultimately have to choose between my best friend and my sister. Not gonna happen, bro," Hero rolled his eyes, but understood nevertheless. "Now have you yet discovered what cure to cancer is written on that bench? Can we go?"