14: Dragged Rejection

It was the final day before the Christmas break. Aria walked the halls to Bartholomew, her eyes still finding new quotes. This was her favourite part of the day, reading all the new quotes that had been put up.

It was amazing. The university really deserved its reputation.

She was back from Music to the canteen so she could eat then finish up for the day, humming something under her breath that Andro had played for her the previous night when he had come over. He did that a lot. He would come over, make her something to eat, then they would play an instrument until the sun set.

She loved their routine. It made her heart feel warm and fuzzy.

As for the older Eden, he was even weirded around her than usual. Every time she would see him, he would either change direction or completely ignore her presence. It was infuriating, mostly because she didn't understand what she had done wrong. Then again, she wasn't particularly desperate for his silver eyes to dig into her own again.

She hadn't spoken to Verruca about that night. She wasn't sure she ever would. It's not like it was her fault or anything. Plus, Aria was fairly certain that Andro and Hero had collectively had a go at her already.

The Eden brothers weren't exactly as close as they were when she had first met them, but they would be able to meet each other's gazes again. She was surprisingly happy about that. She found it a lot more... calming, almost, when they were good. It made her feel as if the world had no problems, especially considering Andro- who she most certainly had a huge crush on- was smiling more.

She was broken from her thoughts as suddenly, someone had grabbed her elbow. She made a noise of confusion but couldn't react fast enough as she was being dragged through the hallway, right through the main door.

She looked up, wrapping her hand around Hero's wrist to pull him off her. His touch sizzled at her skin, left it scorching hot, and she hated him for it.

"Get off me." She hissed, digging her heels into the ground.

He didn't listen. She noticed that his touch wasn't tight but was rather casual, as if he had no cares in the world as he literally kidnapped her.

"Harlan what on Earth are you... can you get off-"

"Shut up, Greeny." He said nonchalantly, coming to a stop outside his white GOE. He opened the door, practically shoved her in, then jogged to the other side to settle in.

Aria was gaping at him.

Today, instead of his usual posh boy Beverly Hills model outfit, he was in casual black jeans and a navy blue hoodie with a bomber jacket thrown over. She blinked. He suited it. What shocked her more, though, was his hair.

"What did you do to your hair?" She spat out in shock, her fingers itching to touch it, inspect it closer.

He blinked at her, and his expression became defensive. "I was busy packing your clothes," he muttered defensively. "I didn't have time to push it back after I wet it."

She blinked again, not even comprehending. "Packing my what?"

"If I don't push it back it dries over my forehead," he said, turning the ignition as he spoke as if she hadn't. "and turns out like this."

She didn't dislike it, actually. It suited him much more than he clearly realised. It made his eyes seem brighter, and made his cheekbones seem higher than they already were.

He sighed, and suddenly, his arm had grazed the tops of her legs as he leaned across her. She tensed to a rod-like state and stopped herself from getting lost in his firewood scent.