6: Hero's name

Aria's lips had parted, and her green eyes were wider than Hero or Andro had yet to see them.

The Games Room was full to the brim, the bleachers completely packed. But the silence was deafening. It was funny to Aria that, when the Edens were playing, there was such a rush in the room that the school actually had to expand it, and build bleachers alongside it.

But, then again, she could understand why people would want to see this. She sat alongside Isah and Gio- who, as she had discovered from the walk from the canteen to the games room, was the funniest human to ever exist- and watched in complete awe as the two completely knocked the ball out of the park.

Currently, it was Andro's turn. Hero had already won the first match, on his first try. Before the other team could so much as touch their cue sticks, Hero had put every coloured ball into the allotted holes with an ease that Aria could not fathom, and now stood cockily, sharpening his cue.

He had caught her expression upon his easy win, and couldn't decide whether to be offended at the fact that she was so surprised, or amused at the way that her mouth had yet to shut.

Aria's gaze moved to the younger Eden, whose eyes had narrowed slightly. He pulled back his cue, then gently hit it back again towards the ball, but Aria tutted slightly when the other team's player coughed slightly, distracting Andro. The ball missed its spot in the hole, and and hit the side of the pool table. Hero's jaw locked visibly and his hands tightened on his cue stick as he glared at the guy who had coughed.

Immediately, every Bartholomew student was booing. Aria joined, feeling a spark of anger at the prick who clearly couldn't win without cheating.

Hero, noticing his brother frown slightly, put his hand up. Aria joined everyone's unanimous silence.

"All yours," Hero said, with a poisonous smirk as he gestured to the dick who had coughed. "Good luck."

He grabbed Andro's elbow and pulled him back. He gently ruffled Andro's hair and pushed his chin up, before muttering something that Aria couldn't read, but it made Andro's frown become a smile.

The guy with chest problems shrugged and secretly flipped of Bartholomew's side, setting everyone's booing off again. Someone even threw a drink.

"Be quiet." Isah said loudly, shutting everyone up immediately. Aria looked at her brother in surprise as he watched on as if he hadn't even spoken to begin with.

Coughy lined his cue stick up. If it was Ari, she would have pretended to be having an asthma attack to try to level up to his pettiness. The Edens stood still, eyes narrowed as he took his shot.

He got the green ball in, setting on their score board. Hero's eyes narrowed further, but his lips were formed to a smirk.

The game went on for a while after that, until eventually, Coughy missed. It was back to Hero, who leaned to ask his brother something. Andro shook his head with a small smile, and Aria read his lips as he spoke- I'm not taking your turn, Hero.

She frowned slightly. Hero may currently be her worst enemy, but damn it he was a pretty amazing brother.

Hero shrugged nonchalantly, but his shoulders were tense as he took his place.

Aria gulped and looked away, hating her body's reaction to the way his eyes had drifted over to her. Beside her, Sebastian spoke in a quiet whisper that she strained to hear.

"What's the deal with you two?" he asked, curiously. "Seriously, dude, I can't tell."

Aria cringed. "How many times have I told you not to say dude?" she said, equally quiet. "And nothing. Ew. I hate him."