20 • day off

Y/N's POV

You were woken by the light from the window that beamed into your room. "Morning" You hear a voice say. You turned your head to find Marcus on the other side of the bed placing a shirt on. "What OW happened last night" you said holding your head.

"You got drunk and messaged me" You pulled your phone from the night stand and checked the messages. "It's not your fault" He said looking at you "But it is though" You replied still looking down at your phone. "Listen, I dont want to fight again. How about we spend a little time together and forget about everything" He asked sitting back down on the bed again. "Sure" You smiled "Pancakes?" He asked holding his hand out. You grabbed it and he held your hand guiding you downstairs.

+

"MARCUS NOOOO" you screamed as he flipped the pancake but made it land on the ceiling due to him flipping it too high. You both stared at the pancake and laughed in unison. "I missed your laugh" he said kissing you on the lips. You kissed back and you saw a little smirk on his face realising that you didn't pull away. "I missed that too" He added while pouring some more batter onto the pan. "Lemme try" you said taking over avoiding the previous subject of you two kissing.

After breakfast which you didn't really end up eating as they all tasted bad you both sat on the couch and played monopoly whilst watching the movie 'Love Actually'. After several rounds of Monopoly and several movies it became late. You were so focused on being with Marcus you hadn't realised the kids.

"Brandon, Mahëa where are they?" You asked and he replied "With Charlotte" you nodded and placed your head back on his shoulder. "Feels good to take a day off doesn't it" He said pulling you in closer.

You smiled and realised how much you missed moments with Marcus like this.
You just wanted it to stay like this forever. Just like the old times.

+

~ day off