10 • old friend

Y/N's POV

Weeks went by and most of time the boys were busy with football, you and Charlotte would go and support them during every match and training session. Not much has happened between you and Marcus and you started to think that he knew his boundaries.

Over the few weeks, you became distant with everyone but closer with your old friend Mateo through text who was from Croatia and was a fitness trainer for the Croatian football team.

"MATEO!" You screamed as he ran closer to you. "It's great to see you again" He said hugging you as you two haven't met since secondary school. You Marcus and Mateo were all in the same year group and grew up together in the same private schools. "Wow, you still look beautiful as always" He said making you feel flattered. He looked down to see 2 kids hiding behind you.

"Ahh, I don't think you've met each other yet. These are Marcus and I's twins Brandon and Mahëa. His confused face suddenly transformed into a smile.

"Lovely to meet you two, I'm Uncle Mateo." He said holding his hand out for a high five. Before they could high five him he pulled his hands away teasing the kids causing them to giggle.

All four of you went into the restaurant and were seated down. "They serve the best healthy food here, the Croatian team and I always eat here. I'm sure you'll all love it" He said scanning through the menu. Your food later arrived and you went on your instagram to snap a photo of it. While scrolling through your feed, you already found paparazzi images of you and Mateo together and their captions of lies which gave them money. They even cropped the kids out.

HOTTEST NEWS: Celebrity Y/N was seen in a date with Croatia's fitness trainer Mateo Rog

HOTTEST NEWS: Celebrity Y/N was seen in a date with Croatia's fitness trainer Mateo Rog. What is going on? Is she cheating on Marcus Rashford? Have they broken up?

Sigh. You shook it off and posted an image of your food. Captioning it "Tastiest food out 'ere in Russia, you all defo need to try it" You hit send and it posted to your story. Once you all ate your food, you revieved a text from Charlotte

From Charlotte

Charlotte: Girl, I'm coming over to the restaurant that you're at. You're treat yeah

You placed down your phone and had a catch up talk with Mateo who was just as sweet and kind as he was when you were younger. He always made sure the kids were included in the conversation whether he was talking about them or making jokes with them. He later excused himself to go to the bathroom and you looked up to see Charlotte at the door walking in.

"Mmm salad, with my favourite croutons. You know me soo well Y/N" She smiled as she took a forkful of salad. "Lotte, Mateo is here having lunch with me and the kids we- " She spat out the salad. "MATEO" she scream shouted leaving you in quite a shock. You froze for a second but then you realised why she reacted in such way "Oh my goodness I remember when you used to like himmmm" You teased longgating the word 'him' making her blush. I thought it would be a nice surprise for him to finally see you again. "Why didn't you tell me he was here I would not have come" She said getting up about to leave. You tried to rush her out when someone suddenly called for her.

"Charlotte" Mateo called out and you both look at each other in shock "Uh oh" you spoke to yourself as you knew Charlotte would get angry at you for this. "Mateo, how have you been" Charlotte said. You laughed as you knew she was just acting nice. "Wow, we've been talking online for so long and you act like this. You also always put me down on dates that I planned and you never seemed to have time. At least we are seeing each other now, come give me a hug!"

"Huhhh whatttt. Whatttt dates. We haven't been talking for long I am so confused. I think you have a different Charlotte. Imma leave" She said extremely nervously, slightly pushing him away and speed walking out

"But Charlotte! wait I wanted your hotel room number so we could talk more!" He shouted but it was no use she was already out the door.

"Well that was strange. She seemed so nervous, embarrassed and flustered around you. Thats not like her at all" You thought. He sat back down and called for the bill.

After lunch you said your goodbyes and made your way back to the hotel to get some rest as the boys had a big quarter final match tomorrow and you knew you shouldn't miss it.

+

An hour before the match you recieved a voicemessage from Mateo saying

From Mateo

Mateo: Goodmorning dear Y/N! Was wondering if you wanted to come watch the Croatian boys train for a change. Meet us at the Stadium at 7pm later tonight. Bring the kids along because why not! Hope to see you later. Bye!

You smiled and replied back with a message

To Mateo

Y/N: Okay, Im sure the boys will be fine with me missing just one match. Its only the quarter finals, they will make it through. See ya at the stadium at 7!

+

~ old friend