i

CHAPTER ONE
<<  一 >>

12 / 12 / 2088
9:21 p.m.

❝ a l p h a  ❞

IT was the twelfth of december, twenty eight-eight, when yoo mi-joo was brought in.

the masked man tilts his head at the young woman who is asleep. she is beautiful, for sure, and would make a very good test subject. the test done on her was shockingly positive - too positive. she had a miraculous brain, flawless hand-eye coordination, faster-than-lightning reaction time and of course, she was gifted with beauty. he does not know why god had favored her so - she had no human flaw, not even something so little as a zit. 

it would be an understatement to say that she was a living, walking, breathing miracle. 

it was so easy to steal her away. the only flaw would be her traumatic past - her parents died of grief when they had thought she'd succumbed to her cancer, which had relapsed... twice. little did they know her teenage heart was still beating - barely, but still there. 

she was the perfect candidate. no one knew about her existence - it was so easy to take her away. they had taken her right under their noses, and they hadn't saw. 

she was kneeling at her parents' grave in the dead of the night when they took her. she did not scream, did not struggle as she lost consciousness.

'till the point where her eyes rolled to the back of her head, she glared at him fiercely. he admires her for that.

he stares at her.

the future Magician.