iv

CHAPTER FOUR
<< 四 >>

25 / 05 / 2090
01:06 p.m.

❝ a l p h a  ❞

THE masked man stares at the eight bodies, crumpled and limp on the floor. the men did not bother him, in fact, he hated them. those seven Operations got on his nerves. they were always too close to his mi-joo, always around her. 

he did not like that. 

he knew that harboring feeling for an Operation was illegal, but he could not help it. 

"take them out, and leave her here," he orders them in the hard, gravelly voice that was not his. 

the division Topaz was quick in their work, within less than a minute, mi-joo was left on the floor. the Omegas had been careful to not touch her - good. his Beta cuts a suspicious glance at him, but he ignores her. 

"leave," he rumbles, in which she immediately complies. no one can withstand the Alpha's command - everyone succumbs in the end.

he winnows from his place behind the protective glass of the control room and into the stimulation ring. 

he picks her body up into his arms, admiring her features - the jet black hair, the smooth skin, the curves of her petite body. 

how he wished her eyes wasn't closed, so that he may admire them, too. 

only for her, the man takes his mask off, revealing his face in broad daylight. 

"i'm sorry, Zero," he mutters to her in the voice he recognizes as his own. "i love you, but i cannot."

a tear falls from his cheeks. 

he had chased open, free love for his whole life, and yet it was still too far.

he leaves her in the ring and walks  away.

but little did he know that it takes more than chemicals to fully render the Magician unconscious.

she has heard everything.

(a/n: don't like this chapter, but oh well. too lazy to edit all the other chapters n delete it)