Chapter Eight

~{(Izuku's POV)}~
_/\____________/\_

"I don't want to die..." I heard a crying deep voice say. I turn to Kacchan and see that he's still asleep. Did he just say 'I don't want to die'? Is that what he's dreaming about? I'm going to wake him up now, that's the right thing to do.

I walk over to the couch I left him on. I shook him slightly, he stirred, but didn't wake up so I shook him a little more. After a few more seconds, Kacchan's eyes opened. They were slightly glazed over with a dark haze.

"I-Izuku?" He said softly. I didn't have time to answer before he tackled me into a hug. It startled me, but once I called down I set my hands on his back.

"Was it a nightmare?" I asked, trying to be comforting. He nodded into my shirt. I ran my fingers through his hair to help calm him down. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He shook his head, signaling that he didn't.

"Ok, just calm down, Kacchan." I tell him. I don't think he was crying, he was just in need of comforting, do that's what I'll give him. After a few minutes I felt him loosen his grip and take a deep breath.

"Sorry..." He tells me while sitting up. I smiled at him to let him know that it's ok. "I didn't mean to fall asleep..." He told me afterwards.

"That's ok, it's getting late anyway. Do you want to spend the night?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded, stifling a yawn. "Alright, do you need anything?" I say, wanting to make sure he's comfortable before I head of to bed myself.

"Maybe a cover and a pillow..." He says softly. I nod and leave him to get the things he asked for. I couldn't find any spare pillows, so I just grabbed one off of my bed. Once I went back to the living room I saw Kacchan sitting their. He must've been in deep thought because he didn't hear me come in. "Kacchan?" I say, startling him. He put his hand on his chest.

"For fucks sake, Deku, you nearly gave me a heart attack..." He said with a sigh. I giggled out a sorry and gave him the pillow and blanket. "Thanks..." He mumbled.

"What were you thinking about?" I ask him while he was getting comfortable. He looked at me and frowned slightly.

"Nothing important..." He told me. It was obviously a lie, but I didn't want to push him to tell me, so I nodded and smiled at him. Yawning, I turn to leave, but I felt something stop me. I turned back to see Kacchan's hand around my wrist.

"K-Kacchan?" I say hesitantly. He seemed to pull me towards him, trying to get me to lay down next to him.

"Stay..." He said softly. "please?" He gave me a pleading look that I just couldn't say no to. I looked down, debating what to say.

"Okay," I sighed out. "But only for a few minutes..." I say sternly as I sat down next to him, beckoning him to scoot over. He smiled brightly and obliged, wrapping his arms around my waist. I blush as he pulled me closer.

"Geez, Kacchan's so clingy..." I mumbled as I got comfortable. He put his head in the crook of my neck.

"And I have every right to be- *stifled yawn* -don't I?" He said, stifling a yawn. I tensed my body as I realized what he meant. He was talking about his illness and how he was gonna... die soon... I shuffled around until I was facing him.

"I-I'm sorry, Kacchan..." I say as I wrap my arms around his broad chest. He seemed kind of surprised at the gesture, but relaxed.

"For what, you nerd?" He insulted playfully. I wasn't able to see, but I was positive that he was smiling warmly at me. I huffed into his shirt.

"Well... for being insensitive..." I say, slightly embarrassed. His breathing stopped for a moment before his chest returned to the rising and falling.

"I don't think you're being insensitive." He told me truthfully. I smiled into his shirt before hugging him tighter. I felt comfort in his arms, with him gently stroking my hair while snuggling me. I began to dose off while he rubbed my side. "If anything, you're too sensitive," he mumbled. "Never change, Izuku..." I heard as I closed my eyes.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hi! I'd just like to say thank you! I didn't even expect to see this book go above thirty reads, and I am given 124 reads. Like, Jesus, what did I do to deserve this? 124? Really? It's not even good! I'm gonna look back at this story in a few years and I'm gonna cringe. I'm already cringing because people are actually reading this. Gah, ok, I'm gonna go now, have a good day, or night, or whatever!
(Also, sorry for the short chapter, I'm really trying to drag this story on)