Mission

When Jamie woke up in his lover's arms, he realized he was still naked and still in his lap. What hit him the hardest was that they were still at the DWMA and he had never gone home. He frantically shook Stein to wake him and they both hurried to get dressed. They shared a kiss before they walked out of the office. Their clothing were a bit wrinkled, but no one seemed to notice. No one saw them leave the office together, either.

Jamie took his seat next to Crona who wouldn't look at him. He seemed pissed that Jamie didn't come home, and honestly Jamie didn't blame him. They were friends and Crona was probably worried sick about him.

Before long, Lord Death walked into the classroom. "Franken, may I see you alone for a minute?"

Jamie felt fire build up in the pit of his stomach. Death was the man who ruined their first night together, and now he was back pulling Stein away from his own classroom.

Stein had no choice but to step out with him, and he shut the door behind him.

"Death, what is it?" Stein asked, lighting a cigarette.

"We've had an anonymous tip that some of our old enemies have found their way...back to life. I'm not sure how they've managed it but.... The one I know of at the moment that has resurfaced is Medusa. We know she can transform herself into a snake and infect people's bodies by biting them, so maybe when she was killed she wasn't completely obliterated," Death sighed, and Stein's glasses dropped to the tip of his nose and sighed.

"Medusa's alive...Well that's a turn of events I never wanted to happen," he looked around. "The older kids aren't gonna be happy, and the newer kids are gonna be scared out of their fucking minds. If she's alive...her minions may be too. And that means Arachne and even Asura have the potential to just rise from the dead again. This can't be good..."

"I agree...That's why I want you to put a team together and search for clues. Sid and Nigas have pinpointed a spot where Medusa may have been risen from the dead. There's an abnormal wavelength being emanated from there, like nothing we've ever seen before. Stronger than a witch, even a Necromancer." Death looked into the classroom through the window in the door.

"Kid, Liz and Patty are the only ones who've ever fought a Necromancer... Soul and Maka fought Blaire, but she wasn't even a witch. But we all know their potential..." Stein peered into the room with Death and looked at Jamie.

Stein hoped and prayed that Death wouldn't mention his name. He didn't want to be separated from his love, but he knew that this mission would be way to dangerous for him.

"The boy with the battle axe arms..." Death said. "What is his name?"

"Jamie...Jamie Adams," Stein said, trying not to let his emotions come through.

"He may be an asset to your mission. His strength is impressive coming from his demonstration. And I believe you can match wavelengths with him and wield him like you used to wield Spirit Albarn." When Death mentioned that name Stein tensed.

Spirit was Stein's ex lover, and hearing his name made him feel uneasy. Their relationship had ended badly. Very badly.

"I don't like it when that name is mentioned. My past isn't something I favor, Death," Stein said, flicking ashes from his cigarette. "But if its something important to the safety of my students I'll go investigate the source of the energy myself. The wavelength and whoever's behind it may be too strong for my students. I don't want to put them in danger again."

"Maka Albarn defeated the Kishin by herself when she was close to death, and your student Jamie took her out in three hits. I believe a squad of your students and the boy Jamie would be the perfect team to take with you," Death insisted.