[4]

John's POV

I looked at the guys. All of them looked so calm. Sadie and Craig looked so happy, holding hands and Sadie was leaning her head against Craig's chest.

I smiled sadly and slowly backed away. I headed back through the woods until the woods went from purple to green. I continued through the woods.

Eventually I made it back to where we parked the car and the vans. I went to the van I came here in and unlocked the doors. I opened the sliding side door on the left side and sat down.

I closed my eyes and just let my mind wonder. Thinking of Sadie's roommate, had she found her soulmate yet? Could she be like me, with so much sadness and loneliness? Probably not. Most of the guys had found their soulmates, which is frustrating. That's the only thing they talk about; my soulmate that, my soulmate this. I can't go anywhere without someone talking about fucking soulmates. I hate it. I hate it so much. I just want to live in a normal world where no one talks about soulmates, no one talks about how they wish their soulmate this and that.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating against my thigh. I opened my closed eyes and dug into my right pocket. I pulled out my phone, and turned it on.

I checked my notifications and saw that Smitty texted me a few times. I opened them.

Dude, where did u go?

Did u go back to the vans

John answer me

I chuckled a little about the fact someone cares I even left. I responded;

Yeah my guy

I went back to the van

I didnt like seeing Sadie and Craig getting all sappy, so I left

That wasn't exactly true, I was upset because they look so happy and peaceful together and then I'm over here bathing in my own loneliness.

Smitty responded and I looked to my phone, since I had zoned out on the gravel below me.

Alright

The guys and Sadie were
worried

And u weren't? How
rood

Shut the hell up

We r heading back now

Nogla is trying to lead the
way so if we get lost it's
not my fault

Alrightly

See you later brother
Read

I turned my phone off and zoned out again.

[Enter time skip here]

T

he group of fifteen people came back approximately twenty minutes later, being guided by Sadie. Tyler, Marcel, Brian, and Scotty didn't look amused.

Sadie huffed and made short eye contact with me and said, "Sorry we took so long, David tried to lead the way." I chuckled and stood up.

I looked to the sky. The sun had gone past the horizon but it's rays still lit up the sky. The sky was slowly turning dark and stars twinkled lightly out in the universe.