Chapter 7~ Skyscraper

We arrived back at the hotel and I faked a yawn and told everyone I was just going to go to bed, we departed into our separate room.  I sat down on my bed and kicked my heels off and tried to register the events of tonight in my head, as if on queue my phone buzzes, alerting me of a new message.

Hayley

I’m sorry. I’ll be back in later. :)

I didn’t respond.  I’m so confused about what is going on between us, I thought her and Chad were over! I fell backwards onto my bed, letting out a huge sigh, my hand still throbbing, but I really couldn’t give a shit right now.

What if me and her did actually start dating?

Would she always go back to Chad?

Would our fans accept our relationship?

Everything is just so confusing and sucky, I just wish life was simple and easy.

I didn’t even know I liked girls, and it’s strange how it has just come up now, first the cute flight attendant and now Hayley Williams.

As if my life wasn’t complicated enough.

I don’t want to be alone right now, so grabbed my phone and unlocked it, texting Maddie

Can you please come down?

I used “down” because my room is just down the hall from hers, and I know she knew what I meant, I don’t even feel like crying, I just feel so numb. And with that there was a faint knock at the door, I slumped off my bed and over to the door, opening it to find Maddie in her pj’s smiling at me.

I let her through the door and collapsed in her arms, tears falling fast, burying my face in her shoulder, she patted my back and ‘shh’ed me, attempting to calm me down.

I pulled back from her, to look at her face, worry and sympathy was all there was in her expression.

“What happened Dem?” She whispered, pushing a piece of my hair out of my face.

I walked over to my bed and climbed on, being careful not to hurt my hand  so I was leaning against the head board, I scooted over and Maddie got on beside me, she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug, we sat there in silence, me crying and Maddie just hugging me and letting me cry.

“She said we were nothing” I whimpered, breaking the silence, tears falling from my eyes with ease.

“Aw Demi, she didn’t mean that” she sighed.

“Then why isn’t she here with me then?”

“Well what’d Chad say?” She questioned, raising her head a little.

“He said they needed to talk, and that it didn’t concern me” I sniffed, wiping away my tears and sitting up to face her, I lifted my sore hand and placed it on my lap, it wasn’t that bad just my thumb and two middle fingers were a bit swollen and purple, and the rest of my hand just had slight bruising where he gripped it.

“What happened to your hand?” She gasped as she gently cupped my hand in hers, rotating it to see the bruising.

“Chad, when I tried to stop him from taking her... He… Got angry at me” I sobbed, more tears falling I hung my head and let the tears escape, I think that’s all I needed was a good cry, even though initially I didn’t feel like crying

“I’ll stay with you tonight, you’re not fit to be here on your own” Maddie ushered, putting her hand under my chin and lifting it so I could see her face, she gave me a reassuring smile and wiped my tear stained cheeks with her sleeve.