Chapter 11~ Shut up and love me

Still Taylor’s POV

She looked so weak and tired like she’d just run 3 marathons, I blink back my tears to stay strong for her I mean what good would it do to her to see me cry, ugh get a grip Taylor.

“How’s everybody else?” She smiled again, her eyes looked distant as if she wasn’t even there “I dunno, I’ve been here the whole time” I wish I could’ve protected her from all of this, maybe then I wouldn’t feel this bad about it.

She sighed frowning slightly “Taylor, why didn’t you go check on them? I’m fine” She said sternly pouting at me, I giggled at her failed attempt to sound serious, I know there’s something special with us but I don’t think I can continue it I mean what if I end up hurting her more? What if I was to be the cause for more pain? I couldn’t do that. But I think I’ll wait till she’s better and out of the hospital she doesn’t really need that now. I mean I doubt she’d ever feel anything for me of course someone would be ecstatic to be able to hang out with someone from their favourite band let alone being able to kiss them.

Stop it Taylor. Ugh.

“What’re you thinking about?” She asked yawning, her eyes looked heavy like she just wanted to sleep for a few days “Mmm don’t worry, get some sleep okay and I’ll go check on everyone else and be back when you’re awake” I brushed her hair back on her forehead planting a kiss and rubbing slightly with my thumb, she closed her eyes and nodded which I took as my queue to leave.

I nodded to the guard outside of her door as a signal of “look after her otherwise you won’t be able to reproduce” he nodded back in response, I get that they need guards because they were attacked and it’s just a safety precaution just in case they come back, but it is a bit over the top.

….

I make my way further down the surgical ward where the nurses said Hayley’s room was, I poke my head around the corner of the door to see her sleeping, and Chad sitting in the chair next to the bed holding her hand, I give him a faint smile and a wave as I walk in “Hey Chad, how’s she doing?” I whispered.

His eyes met mine, they were red and teary from crying, this is weird I’ve never seen Chad cry ever, he shook his head looking down at the floor “she hasn’t woken up yet, the doctor said it would just be because her heart stopped so her brain is still freaking out” I laughed a bit at his attempt to lighten the situation. I walked over to him and patted him on the shoulder “She’ll be alright man, Hayley’s a fighter” he looked up and nodded at me.

I walked towards the elevator and scanned over the map, the nurse said the others would be in the ER ward, I push the buttons in the soft elevator music being my only company for the short ass ride down a floor, I really could have taken the stairs.

 I push through the double doors and am greeted by a doctor “Um excuse me, who are you here to see?” he asks looking over the frame of his glasses, I rub the back of my neck anxiously “Well, I’m here to see Jeremy, Wednesday and Demi” I smiled.

He looked over to the guard that was outside of the curtain as he nodded the doctor pointed me in the direction of the others, Wednesday was in the first cubicle, Jeremy beside her and Demi through the other doors, I nodded and thanked the man.

I pulled the curtain startling Wednesday, her face beamed when she saw me “Taylor!” she squealed, her face a huge grin “How’s Maddie doing? Is she okay? What about Hayley and Demi?” she pouted, I laughed slightly shaking my head, I sat down on the bed next to her “Maddie’s doing fine, she wanted to sleep and for me to see how you all are doing, Hayley was sleeping to” I couldn’t bear to tell her that Hayley hadn’t woken up yet, that’d crush her, it’s crushing me “and I haven’t seen Demi yet” I smiled, she nodded in understanding of what I had said.