19 || Unforgettable

[Clarke and Emori]

"It was kind of awkward at the beginning but after a while everyone just eased into it, John was his usual grumpy self but-"

"John?"

"Yeah, he came with Bellamy." Clarke said after having gulped down the last bite of her sandwich, "You didn't see him?"

Emori frowned at her water bottle, "No..."

Clarke cocked her head, "But you guys are talking right?"

Emori nodded, "Yes, there was a couple of days of silence but then-" she shrugged, "We just started... when was all this, again?"

"Little more than a month ago." Clarke said, thinking about how John had disappeared for a while for then reappear looking scowlier than ever and with a vague defeated aura looming over him.

She'd been convinced that something had happened with Emori, but the other girl had been telling her how they'd been sending a steady stream of amicable texts to each other. Clarke bit her lip, "But it's not like they had that much time," she tried to reassure her, "They took the 9am flight of the day after, so..."

The lines on Emori's forehead deepened for a moment but then she shrugged and smiled up at her, "Maybe you're right."

Emori was a little confused.

She and John had texted back and forth, writing at each other random stuff they liked. Their tastes in music, books and movies. Nothing too personal, just something to get a general idea of the other person. It was shockingly normal, the way they were slowly getting to know each other, considering what their first meeting had been like.

Or maybe not, since neither of them felt comfortable enough to show a deeper side of themselves to the other even after a solid month.

She liked John. There was something that draw her to him, even despite the fact that he smoked. That would've been a killer reason for her to clean-cut people from her life usually. But now there was John, what seemed to be the exception, and the confusion that she felt right then was just a taste of the way she felt about her feelings towards John.

She was confused, not only because of him not telling her that he'd been in London, but because of how she felt about it. She felt hurt. Which was ridiculous. After all, a month ago, they had barely started to have any contact at all but still, why didn't he mentioned it?

If Clarke hadn't come to have her lunch with her today, she would've probably never known...

She looked down at the screen of her phone and almost jumped when she received a text from him.

No quotes to guess for me, today?

Emori bit her lip and then, before she could change her mind, pressed call.

They had never called. Always only texts. It was easier. Impersonal.

And now she was calling him.

Saying that she was nervous about it, was an understatement. She almost felt dizzy for how hard her heart was beating in her chest.

He picked up and she blurted, "I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."

There was a pause than John replied, "Jimi Hendrix."

She licked her lips and slowly lowered herself to sit down on the bench in the changing room, "Correct." She said, then she breathed in deep and asked, "Is that what you're doing? You told me something that was similar to this quote when I asked you about the smoking.."