chapter seven: spiralling down

My first reaction was denial. Donkey wouldn't really eat my onions like that now...
I trusted Donkey but..
But the fact that he was the only one who knew where I kept my onions made me sure that..
That..
Donkey, was the culprit.

Clenching my teeth, I yelled for Donkey.
"DONKEY!! COME UP HERE RIGHT NOW "
Donkey came up right away clearly bewildered.

I slowly walked up to him with red rimmed eyes, seething and unforgiving.
Fear etched his face and he slowly backed away..
"Donkey..did you.. "
I paused, drew in a long breath and continued
"did you eat my onions? " I thundered.

"What? No! " donkey answered blatantly, still somewhat disoriented.

vexation had taken over me and I couldn't think straight.
I took Donkey by his neck and bashed his head against the bedroom's wall.
Donkey whimpered in pain and I immediately regretted doing that but I was too angry to move yet and I just stood there, watching Darkness dance across Donkey's eyes until he passed out.
I stumbled away, what had I done?

"shrek?"

I whipped around and my heart sank when I saw it was farquaad standing in the door way holding two orange sodas.
He stood there in stupefaction, his face as pale as snow and his eyes darting between me and donkey.
I stuttered out "farquaad, hear me ou-"
"shrek what have you done?! I never imagined that you would hurt your own friend, I thought you were a nice guy.. " he trailed off, hurt by what he just saw
I took a few steps towards him but was abruptly told by him to stop
"Don't! Don't come near me. I can't do this" his voice was laced with revulsion for me.
The worst had happened.

.....

For days I couldn't show my face to anybody. People had stopped talking to me and I was an outcast again.
Altogether I stopped attending the school.
It hurt my head to remember that night but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't discard that memory.
I deserved it.

Donkey was taken to the hospital right away after I had bashed his head. He was recovering now and that relieved me.
Hurting someone was the last thing I would ever think of, I was misunderstood and there was nothing I could do.
Tears of regret streamed down my pale green cheeks and I let out a sob. I had found love and lost it the same night. I lost my childhood friend over one night. I had lost it all...
But Fiona. Fiona stayed with me through my tough times and was there to hear me out and let me explain why I did what I did. She would tutor me and provide me with the study notes so I didn't fall behind in class.

I wondered why it had taken me so much of time to notice how much of a gem Fiona really was.
But again, I was way too heartbroken to consider her feelings.
My heart ached for farquaad. He wouldn't answer my calls or my texts and I couldn't help but blame myself for that.

Then after a few days, I had had enough. I wanted to properly apologize to everyone.
So at midnight I snuck out of my house and ran all the way to Farquaad's house.
More like Farquaad's mansion.
I managed to kill off the security and climbed up a big plumbing pipe leading up to His room and peeked Inside, expecting him to be asleep, but what I saw nearly made me fall off the pipe.
I couldn't believe my eyes. I peeked in again, to make sure what I saw was true, and it was.
Farquaad had Gingy in his room, tied up in a chair. Gingy was sobbing while farquaad laughed.

What was going on?