Epilogue

Things had gotten much better with Farquaad forgotten.
Shrek was happy snuggled in his bed with his slugs. It was almost midnight and shrek could feel himself slipping into dreamland.
He was jolted awake when he heard a constant tapping noise on his window. He got up and searched for source of the noise and returned back to bed when he couldn't find any.

He woke up again at around 3am and he realized he couldn't move a muscle. He shrugged off his weird feelings thinking he was having an episode of sleep paralysis and closed his eyes shut, waiting for his body to return back to normal.
He tensed up when he felt someone's cold hand caressing his cheeks, breathing directly on his face.
"we meet again, shrek..." someone whispered and shrek immediately knew it was Farquaad's voice. He assumed his mind was playing tricks on him as farquaad was dead... Right?
The assumed demon's icy hands kept touching shrek, and shrek just laid there helplessly.
"people kept us apart... For so long... But tonight, we must reunite..." the voice was raspy, laced with desperation.
Somewhere, Shrek knew he wanted to be with Farquaad. He knew he wanted him back and right then, that strange voice cooed him and he was convinced it was his farquaad calling for him..
Shrek relaxed and let himself slip deep into the void with the voice.
He smiled to himself and said,

"we're finally together"