ten

Schooling has been long these past few days. It's only been a week, and I'm already tired of it. There is a plus side though: I've become such good friends with so many people already. Who knew a week is all I needed to be so close with them.

As soon as I got home from Zach's apartment Wednesday, I called Parker and told her everything that happened: how he showed up at school unannounced, his band, me meeting his band. I told her an exact second by second replay of the entire day. She seems to believe it was fate that pushed us, and that we were meant to be together, but I really just think it was God's way of letting me know that he's not a nice guy after all, and I should stop thinking about him.

Well that still hasn't happened.

If anything, I think about him even more than I used to. It's not all good thinking. It starts off with me being mad and annoyed because I feel pathetic and like I'm just another fan that he met coincidentally, but then I remember that he probably feels pathetic because I didn't know he was in a little man band, and I feel empowered. Then I feel bad for him. Then I remember how cute he is. For example, he has to carry around pickles for his cramps. Don't tell me that's not freaking adorable. And he hates gorillas and really small spaces just like me. He also gets the same exact drink as me from the coffee shop downstairs.

The only thing I have yet to do is hear him sing. I refuse to listen to any of their music because I'm scared. I don't know if its because I'm worried he is gonna suck, or if I'm worried he's gonna be amazing. Those could both take very different turns for my feelings for him. I don't even follow any of the boys on instagram or anything because I have refused to look them up. I wanna know who they are in real life before I know who they are in social media. 

But, I guess I will have to hear him sing sooner rather than later, because we are going to see the boys in the studio before we go bowling today. School is over for the week, and Lexi had the wonderful idea that we should celebrate... with bowling.... out of all things we pick bowling...

If you didn't get the hint, I suck at bowling. Like, I could possibly be the worst bowler in the history of bowling. I guess today would be my day to get made fun of by the group.

I've been sitting in my dad's office with Rita waiting for Lexi and Jake to come get us and take us to the room the boys were recording in. They texted in our group chat a few minutes ago that it would be around 30 to 40 minutes.

"Why don't you just follow them on insta, is it that big of a deal?" Rita says from her spot on the couch.

"Yes," is all that I reply with.

"Please, if it is that big of a deal, explain why," she challenged me.

I thought about it for a second before talking. "Nope," is all that I managed to say this time before looking back down at the game on my phone.

"Wow, really nice explanation," Rita says. "You're like my 10th grade math teacher trying to explain how to do Trig Identities to the class."

I laugh because I can relate.

"I don't know, I guess I'm scared because if I follow them, it'll be more like knowing the famous them, not the real them. Like right now, the only thing I have of them is our friendship, but if I look at their instagram, I'm going to have to realize how much I share them with the whole world," I try to explain the best I could, but I don't know if it really made that much sense.

"I guess I get it, but that hasn't really changed anything for me, and I follow them on social media," Rita begins, "I guess it just reminds me of how lucky I am that I can be friends with these guys who are so famous and loved."